ditching standard heating

with the dash out ive relised just how much shit is behind it and tempted to remove all the heater stuff and just replace it with a small universal heater to demist the windscreen as the car will only be brought out on good days anyway. also means i can ditch the two pipes at the bulk head to make it a bit more cleaner.

anyone done this and have any tips? or anyone see any reason why i shouldnt get rid of the stock set up ?

cheers shaun

I did this the other day, heater matrix and housing, air tunnels, blower fan, ac box and all the pipes which go through the bulkhead. This shit weighs a fucking TON.

Only problem i see apart from the window misting up is the metal coolant pipe in the rear of the bay which supplies the matrix. Might need to blank off that bit or loop the pipes together?

i was tempted just to wire up a little element heater into the long plastic that directs it onto the windscreen so it would demist them and still be pretty stealth. want as little clutter as possible so heater matrix pipes gone wouldnt bother me would just loop them at the back of the block