Hi well got blitz ecu in now and my Wepr externally gated kit,

All fine only

Problem I have is when cold the car holds back for 1.5 - 2.5k

It doesn't seem to do this when warm, I'm gonna change the leads plugs and distributor

What else could cause this invade there's something really simple I'm missing,

Also the car hunts for the idle some times when I'm stopped in traffic never cuts out though

Thanks for your help in advance guys

Incase

The only thing "plug and play" about an ecu is the ability to plug the standard looms straight into it really. I wouldn't dream of plugging an ecu In my car without knowing what map was on it. That's just me though.

Mine used to suffer from this on an external wepr kit. It was hesitant at a certain point in the rev range and then it would start pulling. Had it at race tech and the problem was it was running drastically lean. New plugs/ignition overhaul, then if it continues to do it then get a wideband on it and check afr.

Dont boost untill its warm :p I always warm my car up untill the choke comes off so i've never come across that problem lol

As for the idle hunting mine dose this every now and again and im also runnig a Blitz ecu! Not sure if its just the map on them

How bad is the hunting on tick over? mine just pulses up and down ever so slightly! every now and again

Edited by micky boy

The hunting isn't bad to be honest I can live with it

I only boost when warm but like if it's not full temp seems to do it

I'm gonna change what I said above and get the furling checked I got a rrfpr anyway so hopefully be an easy fix really want it sorted

Thanks for the heads up yall really appreciate it (y)

doesnt sound like a ecu problem at all.. probably your ext/wastegate sticking when cold... as for the hunting.. all these plug and plays idle differently as ive found out.. each p&p ecu i put in my car i had to adjust to suit.. the jam ecu comes down the revs very fast after reving so if the ICV isnt clean it will hunt.. the blitz seems to be slower coming down the revs but it still has the same issue when trying to find the idle.. id clean the sensors mentioned above... CTS, ATS and clean the ICV when your at it... might be worth while cleaning the lambda too if you can get at it..

I left it running for Hal hour when i plugged it in

It's only when it's cold

I'll clean the above mentioned, is te coolant temp sensor the one on front of the thermo?

Just got a dizzy and rotor from Toyota and my plugs and leads should be here tomorrow off Camskill

Thanks for all the help guys

To be honest I anticipate it being the plugs leads or dizzy I had the car setup and running for 3 days fine, had it valated and that's when the problem started don't know of some waters got in somewhere or something but where the king lead plugs into the dizzy there is a lot of corrosion so worth changing anyway