Corolla inlet, what throttle body is best?

this is evolved from uksc dude. uksc is dead

we all moved here lol

I did wonder how i was already joined up and logged in!

Mate I had my n/a at 90bhp and I originally had a rolla Mani, I felt the car was a lot more responsive with a glanza inlet mate and original starlet TB

Ive read that the corolla one gives it a better all round performance whereas the fte inlet gives better top end, im rarely in the top of the rev range!

Also, how much should i expect to pay for a corolla inlet?

5efe inlet is the same as the standard 4efe one from the starlet, i.e no use

i have a FTE inlet on mine with a std throttle body and found it to be much better when compared to the corolla manifold, if you have the corolla one slap it on if not buy a FTE one and use that they are cheaper anyway

How much is an fte inlet gonna set me back? And whats involved in fitting it as i imagine some bits wont be the same?

Is it worth putting a fte throttle body on aswell then?

Gutted that i didnt get the corolla inlet that was 20 quid now!

Cost free-£30

Fitting, you need to plug up some holes and re-position the throttle cable mount but nothing major

Fte throttle body would give it a very top end powerband sticking with the stock inlet box is best regardless

Up to yourself, repends on what kind of driving you do

Ah im running an apexi atm, i try to stay away from top end if im honest, purely because of fuel costs.

Gahh im not sure what to go for now, i decatted it yesterday night and that made quite more responsive.

hmmm, so pretty much the fte inlet is still better the corolla all round?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick one, just got my corolla inlet, ive heard i need to change one of the vacuum lines to a longer one, which one is it and how long does it need to be? My mates got some orange stuff spare of his rs turbo.

Cheers!!

• 1 month later...

does anyone have a rolla manifold off the car they could measure the tb port for me. In mm cheers I dont want to take my tb off and bust the sealer.

Also my mpg has went from 150 to 170+ per £30 mines an auto so its sore on juice compared to manual