Wiring diagram for ignition barrel/footwell lights

Since i sold my ignition barrel light a few people have asked me for a wiring diagram.

There are 3 wires to these lights:

• black - earth earth to the body
  • Red/silver with a white stripe
  • Red/silver

These are wired in on a Glanza behind the pannel below the steering wheel.

If you remove the air ducting you will find acess easier. On the right clipped to the body you will find a plug like this:

2012_11090001.jpg

The red/silver wire goes to this red wire in the above picture

(please note the location not the wire colour as it looks like my car has a small extension harness between the plugs guess this is how toyota fitted the lights originally)

2012_11090003.jpg

Above is where the red/silver white stripe wire is connected.

Down behind the kick pannel there is a factory earth point that you can use for the black earth wire.

Please remember when buying these you need get the small control box with it this is what turns the light on and off to stop it draining your battery and staying on all the time when the door is closed.

Hope this helps

• 3 months later...

Since i sold my ignition barrel light a few people have asked me for a wiring diagram.

There are 3 wires to these lights:

• black - earth earth to the body
  • Red/silver with a white stripe
  • Red/silver
These are wired in on a Glanza behind the pannel below the steering wheel.

If you remove the air ducting you will find acess easier. On the right clipped to the body you will find a plug like this:

The red/silver wire goes to this red wire in the above picture

(please note the location not the wire colour as it looks like my car has a small extension harness between the plugs guess this is how toyota fitted the lights originally)

Please remember when buying these you need get the small control box with it this is what turns the light on and off to stop it draining your battery and staying on all the time when the door is closed.

Hope this helps

Is this the diagram for an n/a buddy really want to find a diagram to wire the light into a uk n/a

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Random, I literally looked this thread up today to try and instal mine! Still none the wiser after trawling through all the old threads.......surely someone must be able to do a "how 2" with pictures would be helpful? I've got everything to just plug apparently? 2 white plugs and an earth

Looked behind the kick panel/side trim by drivers door but can't figure out what I'm doing

Random, I literally looked this thread up today to try and instal mine! Still none the wiser after trawling through all the old threads.......surely someone must be able to do a "how 2" with pictures would be helpful? I've got everything to just plug apparently? 2 white plugs and an earth

Looked behind the kick panel/side trim by drivers door but can't figure out what I'm doing

im the same mine only have 4 wires in each plug though I for some reason think ive the wrong connector blocks

• 6 months later...

Ok if I remember correctly. Providing you have these plugs on the footwell/ignition light

48EB65E4-9FF6-4E32-9BAA-F48AF4F5A851_zps

You just unplug the smaller of the two plugs behind the drivers kick panel and plug the male bit on the lighting loom into the female on the car and the male that came out goes into the female on the loom......think that makes sense? And then earth it on the chassis

0C4F8340-6FDE-4C40-AF0E-E7A599D8ACDB_zps

142E2A1F-B3FA-4B5C-BF7B-3E2BF126D74C_zps

Yea that's the problem I had with the first ignition barrel light I bought, it had just been chopped out. Second one I got lucky with and it was all there (true plug and play) but there is definitely a difference between the plugs on the GT and Glanza though......think you may even have to connect the GT one in the passengers footwell?