• 2 weeks later...

the sr is just some shit springs, a spoiler a few stickers, a backbox and some heavy wheels, apart from that it's just your standard poverty spec n/a, i will be buying a standard n/a return probably.

Edited by Billy SR

Not poverty spec, has p/s e/w and also rear speakers. Poverty spec has none of them!

i ment is in a normal starlet, but yeah your right. i swear the 's' is like group 3 on insurance aswell haha. yet to drive a car without p/s

do you know if they have the connection for the parcel shelf. i'm on the lookout for a salmon and i have an sr shelf lying in my shed still.

Edited by Billy SR

Evidently this is an import model. First registered in the UK in 2001, but was actually manufactured in 1997. Though, by 2001 we would have had W, X, Y and 51 plate so it makes it look a little odd to be issued a 99 V plate when A. 99% of the time they are issued with Manufacture Year plates (i.e. P/R should be '97), or B. If the latter, 1%, would have been issued either a Y or 51 plate in 2001.

Edited by Galliano

Evidently this is an import model. First registered in the UK in 2001, but was actually manufactured in 1997. Though, by 2001 we would have had W, X, Y and 51 plate so it makes it look a little odd to be issued a 99 V plate when A. 99% of the time they are issued with Manufacture Year plates (i.e. P/R should be '97), or B. If the latter, 1%, would have been issued either a Y or 51 plate in 2001.

the GLS was only made in the uk as far as i believe. any car imported would be given a reg true to age using a glanza for example? models in this colour spec, blue, burgundy etc, i presume were left over shells and limited editions produced in order to sell out the car before/along the arrival of the yaris. there's potential this car could have been sitting around in a dealership or a factory for a long time, before some old person decided they still want a starlet. has happened with many cars

Date of Liability 01 08 2013

Date of First Registration 09 02 2001

Year of Manufacture 1997

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1332cc

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour BLUE

Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

was registered on my 8th birthday :D probably a very early V plate, so one of a very small number of potential V registered starlets.

the 1997 was probably a mistake, although i'm absolutely baffled. i think dvla make mistakes sometimes

Edited by Billy SR