• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

A few weeks back I sent my dials off to Metal Monkey to have some custom dials made.

Some of you may know that I wanted the 'VW' look but have so far been unable to get it....until now.

Today I received my new dials and I'm well chuffed. I didn't take any pictures of them before I put them in but it turned the dials from this:

CIMG0718.jpg

To this:

CIMG0780.jpg

And a few before and after pics at night

Before:

CIMG0726.jpg

After:

CIMG0783.jpg

CIMG0787.jpg

CIMG0786.jpg

What do you guys think?

very smart indeed man, do like t he white too tho

take it uv got a boost gauge already?

No not yet, its on my xmas list! lol

I took the mickey mouse standard boost gauge off, because its poo!

Got some diffuser to help spread light more evenly and also some spare blue acetate to colour the light to read the trip meter.

lol nice Mikey

that sounds like a very comprehensive kit how much did it cost?

Well, as I mentioned I got them through Metal Monkey.

As they didn't have any Starlet Dials, they did require mine to be sent to them so they could scan them. For that they gave me a 50% discount.

Normally they're not cheap, as they retail at £75 and £15 for a logo

So I got them for £37.50 with £7.50 for the logo. Not too bad I think, especially how they look. I'm well chuffed.

Should really of added this a while back, but I recently changed the side repeaters from the old orange mank looking ones to these:

DSCI0157.jpg

I also decided to change the rear wiper to a Punto one. Still not sure of this though.

DSCI0156.jpg

Sorry the picture quality isn't great. The parents have disappeared for the weekend and took the decent camera.

Comments welcome.

UPDATE

A few weeks back I sent my dials off to Metal Monkey to have some custom dials made.

Some of you may know that I wanted the 'VW' look but have so far been unable to get it....until now.

Today I received my new dials and I'm well chuffed. I didn't take any pictures of them before I put them in but it turned the dials from this:

CIMG0718.jpg

To this:

CIMG0780.jpg

And a few before and after pics at night

Before:

CIMG0726.jpg

After:

CIMG0783.jpg

CIMG0787.jpg

CIMG0786.jpg

What do you guys think?

you know the milege on these cars i found that the numbers are slightly out of line which means that its been tamoered with before it gets 2 england I've heard. mines the same. is this true?

like that rear wiper man, what's its efficiency like?

Well... at the moment, it's rubbish! Found that the blade has actually broken apart and fallen off so it kind of rearranges the water rather than wiping it clear. A new blade will sort that though.

UPDATE

Got my Apexi Power Intake Filter through yesterday. Well chuffed.

Just got to wait for the adaptor flange and also some silicone hose to relocate it in the front bumper.

I'll update again once that's done.

Pics:

CIMG0807.jpg

CIMG0808.jpg

Cheers

Whats the Apexi filter like? I dont know weather to get that one or the HKS green mushroom one ive seen.

I was told to steer clear of the HKS filter.

I bought the Apexi filter as it had excellent results in a filtration test. HKS was very poor.

Info about the test including the results can be read here.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Stu

• 1 month later...

UPDATE - Pics to follow soon

Well, the other day I had my a-pillar pod arrive from Dave Burwash. Fit is OK, but not a lot I can do really.

I've got my boost guage fitted and working, just need to get the illumination working. As for the oil pressure, I'm waiting on a sandwich plate and then that will work.

I know it's not much of an update, but oh well!

Here's a list of planned mods in the near (but probably not-so-near) future.

TD04 manifold & downpipe here

FMIC here

Exhaust (pics half way down) here

...and still deciding on a headunit and some speakers.

Comments welcome.

Stu