How safe is my GT for baby/child?

Just found out i'm soon to be a dad :) and as the GT is our only car and daily runner started thinking how safe is my GT for baby's?

I also know the rear seat belts are not long enough for a child seat as i have tried my nieces seat so how safe are the belt extensions you can get?

Cheers for the info in advance

No cheap renaults are 5 star!! They are only classed as 5 star for the first 3 years after manufacturing.

After that they drop due to the weakening over time. That said they are still safer than starlets. If you are concerned about the safety best thing you could do is fit a roll cage its the only real way to make it any safer.

As for car seats I have 1 that fits in mine but that not a baby seat its more toddler im sure the baby 1s would be more awkward.

No cheap renaults are 5 star!! They are only classed as 5 star for the first 3 years after manufacturing.

After that they drop due to the weakening over time. That said they are still safer than starlets. If you are concerned about the safety best thing you could do is fit a roll cage its the only real way to make it any safer.

As for car seats I have 1 that fits in mine but that not a baby seat its more toddler im sure the baby 1s would be more awkward.

Never knew that but makes sense.

I personally wouldn't, might be worth looking into multicar??? Or even two policy's. when a young life's concerned something's gotta change

Yeah if he has a spare 7k to buy a next to brand new car.

I'm gna assume hes asking this because he either can't afford to change car or doesnt want to part ways with the starlet. Either way I don't blame him.

The amount of people that gave me shit for keeping my starlet was unreal. Don't drive like a cock its simple...

That's not the problem its all the other loon balls on the road. Side swipe a Starlet with a chelsea tractor and its game over for you and the little one!

Its just one of those issues where there will be mixed opinions. Personally I wouldn't get rid of my starlet but then again i'm fortunate enough that I have 2 cars.

You can say dont drive like a cock which is a good point and goes without saying.

The arguement being its other cars tht can hit you again I'd reply saying that will happen regardless of what car you are in.

Obv a new car would fair better should someone hit you but they come at a cost not only to your pocket but your ego and happyness when your driving a 1.2 clio thats costing you a fortune per month.

Honestly?? Buy a good car seat. Drive sensibly. You as likely to get knocked down walking down the street as you are being the car that another 1 hits driving down the road.

I've got a little one due in three weeks. only prob is like you say the rear seat belts are so short. I can only just get the seat in with some wiggling about. not ideal tbh. I'd like something a bit newer, and I'm looking at a 4 door yaris rs. shame there's not a turbo option available this side if Japan other option in a scooby but funds won't strech to that untill mext year atleast

Congrats Mark! one of the lads I work with has had 2 kids while hes had his glanza and never had any problems apart from the normal problems caused by any 3 door car! But it all ways comes in handy having a cheep runabout Like I have my good old pug I've had that on the road 5 years now and not spent 2000 on it and that includes buying the car (thats not counting TAX and insurance) I just keep putting fuel in and off it goes lol. I the only problem I see you having is your size and having any sort of room behind your seat ( Mark is not FAT he is just FOOOKING massive lol he makes me look even more a midget lol if I get in his car I carnt reach the steering wheel never mined the peddles lol). like I said I think a cheep second car is the way to go.

get an n/a ;) i crashed and came out without a scratch!

ignoring that, stay toyota and just get a 1 litre yaris, cheap as chips to insure and will pay itself back in running costs!

Edited by Billy SR

Congrats Mark! one of the lads I work with has had 2 kids while hes had his glanza and never had any problems apart from the normal problems caused by any 3 door car! But it all ways comes in handy having a cheep runabout Like I have my good old pug I've had that on the road 5 years now and not spent 2000 on it and that includes buying the car (thats not counting TAX and insurance) I just keep putting fuel in and off it goes lol. I the only problem I see you having is your size and having any sort of room behind your seat ( Mark is not FAT he is just FOOOKING massive lol he makes me look even more a midget lol if I get in his car I carnt reach the steering wheel never mined the peddles lol). like I said I think a cheep second car is the way to go.

cheers rob when its old enough will have to have a blast on that tractor at yours lol

get an n/a ;) i crashed and came out without a scratch!

ignoring that, stay toyota and just get a 1 litre yaris, cheap as chips to insure and will pay itself back in running costs!

quite a good idea mate