BHP fly vs wheels

Not sure if anyone else feels the way I do but why is everyone stating their power at the flywheel? (aside from the obvious fact it would be bigger)

Does anyone else feel its kinda pointless? because at the end of the day its what you have at the wheels which is important surely?

Thoughts?

Would prefer to see WHP tbh, because some people lose a lot through the drivetrain, others don't, its a good way to see whos done what to ensure they get maximum power at the wheels.

Also added to the fact that dyno's read WHP then calculate the fly hp.

Edited by AdamB

how much do you lose through the drivetrain percentage wise?

would things like lightweight flys obviously change the WHP? if so, how can this be calculated depending on what fly you have/how much it weighs etc??

Loss through drivetrain depends on the driven wheels, a 4wd car will lose more than say a FWD car. Also depends on the placement of the engine, if you have a transaxle you'll lose less than if say you had to transfer the power from the front to the rear.

Normally for a FWD transaxle will be around 10-15% loss. Your clutch assembly does affect it.

Like I said, Dyno's measure the WHP and the fly HP is then calculated.

heat, ratio's, drag (bearings, friction from meshing gears) weight of rotating parts blah blah, some boxes are looser than others.

the difference between my 2 dyno's i made 8hp fly, but 10-11hp wheel. not much but that means my newer box is slightly more effiecant, maybe because its newer, or has different ratio's or its higher milage im not sure.