Is there much difference in the ep82 and ep91 gearboxes.

Other then a differential....

Yes Stock... Very little in terms of upgrade options without spending massive money :(

i want to get a qualife lsd at some point. so your gearbox is doing ok then have you gone through many gears.

Edited by mark-tozer

It seems that people strip 3rd gear with over x amount of bhp.

Other options are dog boxes but your looking at least £3000

You can use a g6 box but to my knowledge no one has tried big bhp with them

It seems that people strip 3rd gear with over x amount of bhp.

Other options are dog boxes but your looking at least £3000

You can use a g6 box but to my knowledge no one has tried big bhp with them

yeh i did see looking through socks thread he striped 3rd gear. the problem is the gearboxes are old in these now and were only designed for 133bhp. so there not doing bad really. i did see a g6 box for sale on ebay but wasnt sure if i need any different parts like gear linkage etc and hasnt been tested much over 200bhp. at the moment im only running 215bhp so only baby power to alot of you guys. but eventually want to be getting 250bhp-300bhp. my 2nd and 3rd syncro are on there way out. im buying a glanza gearbox to put in for the time. this is why i was wondering if they were much different. then i will strip my old box down and hopefully fix it.

Don't think the material composition of the gears themselves are actually any different. Its just the fact the GT has a longer 3rd and 4th gear, which helps with the transfer of torque.

That said the C56 glanza box had shorter ratio's to pull its fat ass, as well as having the extra blade on the turbo :p

Edited by AdamB

i put a glanza box in my gt n it was horrible :(

i cant wait to hav a gt box back in her :) was surprized how much of a difference it makes tho

alright really ? im putting a glanza box in to my gt surely cant be that different with just the 3rd and 4th ratio being slightly different. Edited by mark-tozer

With the Glanza Box the car should accelerate faster but hit the Rev-Limit at a lower speed.

This is due to third and fourth gear being shorter in gearing.

You can calculate at what speed exactly, depending on diameter of tires and max RPM. But honestly, I forgot how exactly the calculation worked, also I don't know the exact size of your tires.

Google search gearratio speed calculator and gearbox man has a really good excel speedsheet with graph to show you the speeds in each gear. Also allows you to see what would happen if you changed your diff ratio or fitted a 6speed or even from a different toyota and just used your gt bellhousing. I know that if I conerted to manual and put the paseo diff in my starlet gearbox I would have a very very fast n/a up until the 96mph on the rev limit in 5th.

They say a gt bogs down in 3rd and 4th so toyota made 3rd 4th closer to speed them up abit. But they were standard cars and all you lads are running bigger boost so none of that matters.

GT's are faster so keep bolting GT parts on, lol

Google search gearratio speed calculator and gearbox man has a really good excel speedsheet with graph to show you the speeds in each gear. Also allows you to see what would happen if you changed your diff ratio or fitted a 6speed or even from a different toyota and just used your gt bellhousing. I know that if I conerted to manual and put the paseo diff in my starlet gearbox I would have a very very fast n/a up until the 96mph on the rev limit in 5th.

They say a gt bogs down in 3rd and 4th so toyota made 3rd 4th closer to speed them up abit. But they were standard cars and all you lads are running bigger boost so none of that matters.

GT's are faster so keep bolting GT parts on, lol

thanks

Paseo 5EFE

1. 3,545

2. 1,904

3. 1,310

4. 0,969

5. 0,815

Diff 3,941

Yep, the Paso Diff would make a difference.

I personnally would go for the 6-Speed Gearbox of the Corolla E11

E11 6-Gang 1,6&1,4L C161

1. 3,166

2. 1,904

3. 1,233

4. 0,969

5. 0,815

6. 0,682

Diff 4,529