Police speed radar guns

urmm not sure with a radar gun, but i saw on traffic police once that they clocked a lupo Gti at 140mph, and chased it afterwards

pretty sure your allowed 10% of the speed limit+1 so 56 is the max you can get away with, although, my brother had a speeding fine for 34mph in a 30

you'll have to wait and see, but with it being a radar gun, id have thought they would have followed you

They would only do anything if you were over 55 as far as I know. If your speedo read 53-54 you were probably doing more like 50-51 so I wouldn't worry.

My speedo is pretty accurate in the Glanza, dead accurate for low speeds and about 1mph out at high speeds, I assume this is down to the converter, kinda scary tho lol

Ok I understand the tolerance of 10% for speedo calibration,but it was on a two lane carriageway so me being in outside lane,would have been tricky to pull me over.Was definitely a hand held gun.Hate the way they hide behind trees and walls.

I heard hand helds allow for the 10% + an agreed extra few mph depending on the area because of the error that can be caused from movement. Fixed cameras only allow 10%

Chances are though your speedo was slighly out so you were under the 10% unless your cars speedo is dodgey and is out the wrong way. A friends A3 was 10% out the wrong way so 70 was actually 77! Lol

My corollas 10% throughout my speed range n my starlets about 7%. But the only way you will know is to wait and see unfortunately

Edited by morgey