New, Will be looking for n/a starlet in new year

Hi there,

Finally decided after a long chat with the father that a starlet is the car for me! after only just passing my test i will be going for a n/a starlet to start of with, then hopefully as I get older I will work my way up to the top.Anyone know what to look out for when buying a n/a starlet? and what's reasonable prices? :D

cheers

Matt

Welcome dude and a good choise you both made :)

Not an awful lot to look out for really, generally good solid little motors so its just the standard check list really.

Arches and sills for rust

Any signs of damage or repair work

The gearbox syncro's wear out so fast changes into 2nd are usually a common issue

Service history

Ellectrics all working

Oil leaks around engine

The interiors are quite hard wearing so if its low milage id expect it to not be worn much at all

The steering is the only really funny point. They tend to have quite floaty steering as standard so if you can test drive a couple and see if you can feel one that feels better or worse than the others.

Price wise for a

base spec around £600 - £800

Middle spec £700 - £1000

Higher spec'd Gls - Sr £800 - £1200

condition and milage dependant obviously some will be higher than this

Keep an eye out for people on here selling, that way youve most likely got a build log of the cars recent history aswel :)

Edited by morgey