what kinda results from a CT9/CT12 hybrid

unfortunately I dropped a rod this week so am bringing my forged build which was planned next year forward to now. I am planning on 1.4 to 1.5bar of boost but its outta of my ct9 hybrids turbos range, but I don't wanna go down the td04/05 route. I have now been offered a ct9/ct12 hybrid which as im sure most of you know is half from stock glanza and half from a supra turbo, what im wondering is to be a little different how would this hold up at 1.4 or more what kinda results might I see ? is anyone running one of these ?

Dont think anyone has ever run 1.4bar on a ct9/ct12 turbo befor so no one will ever know what results your going to see!

Keirz on here is runnng a ct9/ct20/ct12 turbo at 1.1bar but he has never got his car dyno so unsure of what power he's kicking out!

I've been wanting to do the same set up for years (got the ct12B and everything) but im unsure if i want to do it because i've never seen anyone's dyno results with this set up befor so i dont want to be wasting my time/money if im only going to gain a few bhp over the ct9

my advise would be to use a different turbo. A big restriction with the hybrids is they all use the ct turbine housing, which will never flow as much as a td. For same power as td04, Your gonna be looking more boost needed and will run higher temps, dont get me wrong im all for hybrids and stock ct9 set ups but not at those boost levels. Ever considered k24?

well what im thinking is the results even if they are equal to a ct9 hybrid a ct9 hybrid wouldn't be capable of 1.5bar hopefully a ct9/ct12 hybrid would be possible of giving me results around 250bhp as it would be fully capable of 1.5bar without running out of puff

my advise would be to use a different turbo. A big restriction with the hybrids is they all use the ct turbine housing, which will never flow as much as a td. For same power as td04, Your gonna be looking more boost needed and will run higher temps, dont get me wrong im all for hybrids and stock ct9 set ups but not at those boost levels. Ever considered k24?

yeah I heard good things about a k24's dunno about the lag though do they have much ? also im pretty sure the ct9/ct12 hybrid doesn't use the ct9 turbine housing it uses the ct12 housing as its a fair size bigger

Edited by russ78

Just to point out!

JAM got 250bhp out of there car useing a ct9Hiflow turbo! not sure what boost they where running though pluss that was on a 5E

Also theres a lad on here that owns a GT cant remember his name but he's running 1.4bar on his CT9hybrid and he made 240ish

But as Keirz has said the td will flow alot more air then any of them turbos and the td has been tried and tested

it can be done, and it would be good while it lasted. I just think its risky and if i had the choice i would rather make a safe 250 than to be right on the limits. Im certain if mine was forged and i ran 1.5 bar i would be easily over 250 on my custom turbo

I've got a ct9 hybrid running 234bhp on a forged 4e on my 82 running 1.4 bar and has been for a couple years now. also Apexi power fc ecu

Haha it was you who i was on about lol! Ohh well i was rong i thought you made 240 i wasnt far off

And yeah i agree with you Keirz

I agree I think with a bit more tuning and some more mods might make 250bhp bit the ct9 hybrid is at its limit. But it's also quicker on the quarter mile that higher powered starlets I've beaten a 260bhp with bigger turbo before. The ct9 hybrid is great for acceleration but I am looking at options for a different turbo to get more bhp.

As said though i have a ct9 turbo dynamics hybrid but ct12 is built for bigger power i think a c12/9 hybrid would not be at the top end of its range therefore giving better results overall as it uses a bigger housing than a ct9 hybrid does, allowing more flow

Edited by russ78
  • 4 weeks later...

A Stock CT9 will do 200bhp...

Whats putting you off a TD04 turbo conversion?

Have you been in one...?

no ive not been in a td04, to be honest Its the lag that I hear about that is my main reason for not going td04,but im happy to sacafice a little bhp for acceleration but also its the chance to do something different just to see what it is actually capable of :) im not looking for massive power around 250bhp would make me very pleased, which I don't think would be impossible with the turbo I have in mind.

but..... if 250 is way out of my reach I will most likely go td04/05

^^^^^^^^^^ I agree with u but don't forget realistically speaking u can run a hybrid at 1.2 bar upwards on stock internals to run 1.4 bar on a td04 will require deeper pockets I.e 2k for a forged motor for peace of mind

Oh rite of he's going forged then would be rude not to slap a td04 on a 1.4 then lol

I guess the way forward for me probably is a td04/05 setup, but I got this turbo so I think im gonna try it first see how it fairs,

but what sorta results could I see from 1.4/1.5 bar forged on a td04/05 setup ?