are price check threads aloud?

was going to put up a thread about my coils to see what they were worth before i sold them but seen a thread get locked by ryan last night for same thing was wondering the reasons behind it.? surely if someone puts up a good amout of info and pictures of it theres nothing wrong with people sharing there thoughts on what its worth.

cheers shaun

so whats the crack with wanted threads. They could lead to a sale that doesnt have the correct structure. Can a mod please explain the difference for me?

good point realy keirz. what if u done price check in the exact same format as a for sales thread? just with a query on price by all accounts thats the same format. if anything i would imagine it would cut down on spam cause normal when someone overprices something everyone has something to say about it?

IMO price check threads would be a better thing to have would save people with less knowledge of stuff getting ripped off.

All

The reason to stop the "Gauging interest" threads was down to people using them to actually sell items,without pic or a for sale structure/template,

People were then purchasing items blind and getting ripped off, this was a collective decision by the Mod room

As stated use the old threads to gauge prices or search ebay etc, at the end of the day people will only pay what they feel is acceptable, i for one do re search before buying and is the advice that i would offer everyone.

The "Wanted" thread is just that Keirz, it would be down too the individual "wanting" to ask for pics,condition price etc!!

Most of the time people are linked up to ebay or other auction sites

Thread Locked

John

Edited by ro55ifumi