I have checked the readings on the FPR, at idle its was reading 64 psi which is around 4.5 bar :s and I thought this cant be right so switched off the car and the gauge still read 20 psi. I am now confused surly it doesn't hold pressure when switched off? Or do I just measure the difference between 20 psi and 64 psi which is 44 psi. Can you guys tell me anything about these readings?

Oh right I must admit I just assumed it would stay there and just left it to that

No need for a FPR if your running standard boost, does it have a gauge? What pressure is it reading?

Standard fuel pressure is 2.3/2.4 bar.

If standard fuel pressure is 2.3/2.4 bar why is mine reading nearly 4.5bar :s (assuming it does drop to zero) that just seems WAY to high for a V running standard boost and surly unsafe/causing more damage?

Your asking the wrong person mate lol. Thats wayyy to high and no doubt you have pretty poor low down performance. Set the pressure to 2.5 bar and see how it goes, itdoes need to be checked on a wideband by a tuner ideally.

My first v done what u have it's turns out the guy I got it off had a td04 set up and fitted it back to standard and left it to high then fucked around with it. The drive home I did £30 to 40 miles it just kept chucking out flames if it was me I would fuck it off for the min and just get it back to norm then maybe up boost mate

Hope this helps

I am not planning on upping the boost anytime soon I just want the car to run normal lol if I turn the nut on top of the FPR will this adjust the pressure? I will just turn until its back to 2.3/2.4 bar.. Is that correct?

I am not planning on upping the boost anytime soon I just want the car to run normal lol if I turn the nut on top of the FPR will this adjust the pressure? I will just turn until its back to 2.3/2.4 bar.. Is that correct?

Thats correct, turn the nut on top with the vacuum hose disconnected and the engine running at idle.

Does it have any brand name on the regulator at all?

Edited by AdamB