Insurance wan****

Basically i was insured with quinn and they said my policy will automatically renew on the 31december 2012 and today i rang to find out how much to add my brother to policy and they say they im not insured as the policy wasnt renewed.. Wtf.

So any good companys about?

1driver 23 5 years ncb

Other driver 22

Sky, adrian flux, im with admiral on a multicar. I think direct line allows the second driver to build ncb aswel so might be worth a shot.

Otherwise try

Elephant

Confused.com

Compare the market etc

Also get the cheapest prices from the top few companies and ring them up. Everytime i have I've knocked off upto £100 off the online quote :)

An old women ran in to me on a roundabout in my civic insured with Sky.

Called Sky who said they don't deal with it, spoke to the insurance company (as sky are just a broker) who said sky deal with it .... a bit of arguing later and they finally passed it on to a separate company who deal with claims.

They wouldn't argue it for me when I said I wanted to take it to court and wouldn't accept a 50:50 settlement and said I would have to pay any court fees then claim them back from the other side.

Then when i Eventually accepted the 50:50 resolution (I had repaired the car and sold it on by this time) I confirmed it would affect my no claims as she wasn't claiming from me, I was only claiming damaged from her. So went ahead with it. Got 50% of what I should of got and finished my policy on a borrowed car. At the end of the policy I lost 50% of my no claims due to the 50:50 settlement !! And they wasn't willing to look in to it stating it is policy. Would let me raise a complaint as it is policy too.

Unfortunately for me that was my 3rd years of "no" claims and they cant give me 1.5 years (50%) so went down to 1 year.

Wouldn't go near Sky again even if they was cheaper due to the after sales service being worse then terrible. Once they have your money they are really not interested in helping at all.

I think Marker Study are the actual insurance company that SKY Insurance use. When my renewal came up I happened across a review site in which Marker Study got a shit load of bad reviews and almost everyone of them was along the lines of Drivers description. Piss poor communication, unwillingness to help, passing the buck, making u do the work etc etc.

This is the main reason why I didn't renew thru Sky. Not because of sky direct (as they've been helpful) but because who provides the actual insurance.