Rear windscreen heater died

I am at wits end with this after spending the whole weekend trying to sort this. I think the guy who I got to clean my car has destroyed ALL of the heat strips. The silver conductor paint doesn't seem to have worked (after many tedious hours taping and painting).

Any suggestions as really don't want to fork out for a new rear windscreen :(

Yes and yes! There good voltage at the sides on the large areas, when going across dint even get 1/4 of the way and seem to have no power. (Right to left).

The connectors are fine, I even gave them a clean up to see if that would help. But to much luck :(

Just a dry cloth gave them a wipe, nothing wet! Just got some of the crud off but there is voltage coming from there so I know it the lines. It a shame you can't just buy the replacement grids in uk as they only a stick on. I can get them in the states though.New business prospect maybe?

Just a dry cloth gave them a wipe, nothing wet! Just got some of the crud off but there is voltage coming from there so I know it the lines. It a shame you can't just buy the replacement grids in uk as they only a stick on. I can get them in the states though.New business prospect maybe?
But I think the guy who cleaned the windscreen must of had some grit in his cloth. Tempted to send him a bloody bill :)

Never had any problems like this before and I've cleaned my windows with all sorts including using tatty dirty cloths lol... But if you're getting a current then partial way across then... Not entirely sure how they work but it would seem the "connection" is worn down... Would have thought it would either work fully or not work at all though.

So it looks like i definitely need to get the rear windscreen replaced. The silver paint hasnt worked unfortunately. Anyone know anywhere i could get this done without having to spend too much money? Cheapest quote I've had so far is around 200.