REALLY need some help!! Steering rack related.

Bro's and broess's i really do appologise for putting this here but i REALLY need to know what size the bolt holes are for the steering rack.

I'm just about to order my PAS delete kit but need to know the correct AN fittings.. I've pm'd, fb'd, text soooo many people but literally know one knows. The same topic is on TGTT also but no response as of yet.

Please can anyone shed some light?

Just so y'all know what i mean, i need to know what size bolts fit in these two holes;

dg_zpsdf09f4d8.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

It will be a pipe thread i imagine so doubt it will be metric. And if it is it will be fine so m12x1.5 or 1.25.

What's a pipe thread lool :s.

Basically i'm just about to order my PAS removal kit, and the guy is asking me what size AN bolts i need. And i don't know what to tell him haha..

Any healp would be appreciated.

Right pipe thread is just awkward that what it is.

Heres a link to some brake pipe fittings

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/copper-brake-pipe-fittings/automec-male-fitting-for-brake-pipe

Few to choose from

3/8 unf

7/16 unf

M10x1

M10x1.25

M12x1

Now looking at the old page with pics its too big to be the m10's but i dont know what sizes 3/8 or 7/16 both should really be around 12mm as 1/2" is 12.7mm but UNF sizes might not mean the size of the thread lol

Damn homie! This is some stressful shit haha.

Do you think it would be best if tomorrow when i take it all off, i try a bolt that i have laying around (im sure ill have one that'll fit).. And the one that fits, i'll send to the company so they can match the thread up.

Do you think that'd be easiest lol?

If its a pipe thread i doubt yourll have one laying around im afraid! But worth a try i suppose.

Im guessing you havnt got a local pipe place near by? If you can wait a few days I've got to get under my car to fit a new fuel tank, i can remove my fittings and try it along side some taps at work, or take it over the road where they make custom pipes whilst you wait lol

But is maybe after the weekend

If its a pipe thread i doubt yourll have one laying around im afraid! But worth a try i suppose.

Im guessing you havnt got a local pipe place near by? If you can wait a few days I've got to get under my car to fit a new fuel tank, i can remove my fittings and try it along side some taps at work, or take it over the road where they make custom pipes whilst you wait lol

But is maybe after the weekend

Urm not that i know of man :/.. Only screwfix haha.

would appreciate that alot man.

Why u removing it ???

When u say your buying a delete kit What u getting ?

U buying a hole rack ?

A power steering rack with out the assistance of fluid is so heavy

it I'll be a nightmare to manoover while parking and most mot testers will notice this and it will fail its test

Why u removing it ???

When u say your buying a delete kit What u getting ?

U buying a hole rack ?

A power steering rack with out the assistance of fluid is so heavy

it I'll be a nightmare to manoover while parking and most mot testers will notice this and it will fail its test

Dead weight, saps engine power, would quite like the engine bay space.

AN bolts to fit and braided loop.

Nope, keeping this rack.

Leaving some fluid in there to circulate.

Not too bothered if it's heavy or not really, driven and parked my friend glanza with no power steering and i didn't have an issue with it.