Welsh na build :p

Hey guys put a deposit down for a starlet sportif ... Should be pickin up friday if the snow stays away! Anyways heres the beauty and its only 1 previous owner!!! Totaly standard and not too sure what to do to it! I hear rolla mani is good but i need ideas guys :) in time will be a v rep and probably boosted but i wanna do the na route first!

cj5sx.jpg

68u4js.jpg

24ziv4y.jpg

5vuddi.jpg

2mmhhsw.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a stainless mani for sale cheap :p

alot of boys go for the rolla inlet but see tbh if u had the rolla 1 on and changed to the glanza inlet, you would notice NO difference so what ever 1 pops up first go for it!

check out the classifieds on here for shit to buy mate!

there is a noticable difference between the corolla and FTE mani + TB at the top end

you can feel the power kick in almost like a really mild v-tech crossover haha

the corolla mani gives a good low down torque. but you dont lose much with the FTE inlet and TB bottom end

look at the power jump at 5400rpm, (undotted line) and it made power all the way to the redline. even when massively bogged down due to over fuelling

this is with the FTE combo

r974bdb-1.jpg

i do have a rolla mani printout somewhere but i cant find it and MM no longer have it stored in their records

it made 1bhp more, but that was because of the over fuelling after fitting the FPr at mm and not having time to get the FPR set up properly before the run. id have broke 90bhp easily is it was running right with the FTE combo

no worries dude

this is amjads graph as there was only 0.1 bhp difference between our cars with a corolla inlet

2c271b35.jpg

you can see that the power drops off towards the top of the rev range at 5600rpm

EDIT: i hope amjad doesnt mind me stealing his pic as i have no idea where mine are :(

whichever you go for is down to personal preference or availability

as i said, dave has the rolla mani, or i have the FTE inlet mani and can get my hands on an FTE tb very easily

they both work

they both make a difference

and they both do it differently

Looking af both graphs i would say the rolla mani personally, the torque seems to stay up for a bit longer and the power is more consistant, the fte mani seemsto have flat spot then the jump in power at the end (hence the reason for the vtec feeling) but that could be down to incorrect fueling

Both would be better than what you have though :)

If you need a glanza inlet manifold let me know. I have one set up ready for an n/a if you want it with all the correct holes blocked off and been chemically cleaned in a bath at work.

I also have a glanza gasket to go between inlet and throttle body brand new

let me know mate, dan

Looking af both graphs i would say the rolla mani personally, the torque seems to stay up for a bit longer and the power is more consistant, the fte mani seemsto have flat spot then the jump in power at the end (hence the reason for the vtec feeling) but that could be down to incorrect fueling

Both would be better than what you have though :)

yers it was seriously lagging in power, the 1st thing i said to chris on the test drive after fitting it was that it felt ALOT slower than usual. then we fiddled with it, and it felt better, but nowhere near as quick as it did originally but it was time to put it on the dyno

i was gutted i couldnt get it back on. but japfest 2 was a nice little release for the beast :) ask dai_ep82 and redz11 ;) haha