hello from scotland fife

hi folks found this red one for sale today and phoned the guy up about it so might be going to see it tomorrow after ive been at college its quite far away but the guy might be coming down as his parents stay in kirkcaldy what do u think

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/toyota-starlet-sportif-13/1008235818#gallery-item-full-5

Seems alright, the shock needing replaced would put me off though unless he'll knock it down in price a bit!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/toyota-starlet-13-sportiff-62000-miles/1003915888 also looks pretty good! Cheaper, decent mileage etc. depends if you can deal with a pink car though

Edited by scottyb

I would prob try stay away from that tbh, it looks like its been owned by a ricer so would prob have been ragged and not looked after particually well.

For £700 i would imagine you could get a very good condition standard car

Saying that, £60 shock (if thats what the issue is), £30 on new rear lenses, £15 on new indicators. New fuel cap and then get the springs put on it, it would be a smart looking motor

I would also say I've never seen a universal backbox fit ep's very well, better off having a full system or a Oem replacement exhaust put on

Edited by morgey

yeah i seen tht one but dont think i could have a pink car lol and also its a 5 door and they seem to be dearer to insure but going to see the red one on saturday in balloch near dumbarton. Also i work in car garage part time while im not at college so should be able to replace the shock ok and yeah think it will need a little bit of work to look decent and they wheels look horrible ill see if i can get it cheaper than 700

Never even noticed the 5 door tbh! Haha. Yea pink would be kind of dodgy lol.

Dont know what your budget is, or if you're willing to travel, but autotrader have a few pretty decent ones, but they're all in england or further.

yeah lol and been on autotrader and all the starlets seem to be miles away and have high millage there was a blue sportif on autotrader for 395 i think looked decent and the company did nationwide vehicle delivery so phoned them and the car had 145 000 miles on the clock so never bothered with it. My budget is 700ish and also havent even past my test yet either so car would be sitting and would do little bits to it intul the summer when i insure it so might glanza rep it if i get the red one as reds my fav colour.

Red rep on gumtree 800 quid, in england though.

Rough looking T plated one in midlothian, for 475. Wee bit work and it would be tidy.

When i was looking at getting cars in england, i found the 'megabus' lol was cheap. Like 30 quid would get you right the way down. Worth getting someone to go down for the right one.

i seen that green one in dalkeith but it has a diffrent colour boot so it might of had accident damage and i tried persuading my dad to come down to england with me to look at a silver one looked really clean but he was having none of it lol