DTA ecu and coil swap

Right guys in trying to sort everything out that I need ready for my swap to a DTA s60 pro ecu so I've come to the conclusion I need

Fuel pressure sensor

Oil pressure sensor

3/5 bar Map sensor

Intake temp sensor

Water temp sensor

Cam position sensor

Vtec coils

All will be aem sensors as they are direct fit with DTA units

Is there anything else I will need and can someone kindly tell me where best to mount most of the sensors

Cheers Aaron

crank sensor would prob be a toothed trigger wheel on the crank pulley. and a small sensor that counts the teeth. cam sensor would be a small cam sensor working the same way but attaches on to the cam were the dizzy unit was

Edited by _shaun_

If going standalone you may as well run sequential injection.

You can just use the stock triggers to run sequential injection. Get in contact with Chris @ CCM, he's the man to speak to about wiring up using the stock triggers.

Although it is advised to run an external crank trigger simply because its more accurate as you run higher rev limit.

You don't need fuel or oil pressure sensors but you will need them if you plan on running any safety cut features which I would recommend.

Edited by AdamB

Thanks Adam, I think I'm getting there slowly there just isnt that much online about wiring and sensors for dta

Where can I find ccm aswell Adam ?

Edited by Azz

As promised mate:

Note I have drawn a red box around where you need to be looking.

edit.jpg

G1 = Cam Trigger

NE = Crank Trigger

G- = Ground

Personally I would still opt to use external triggers because the stock type are of the reluctence type, these are ok but give a pretty poor signal compared with hall effect sensors. The only advantage to using the reluctence type is that they require no power + feed.

Look into Ford or GM/Vauxhall triggers since these can be picked up for pennies and are already pre-programmed into DTA series ecu's a long with other ecu's.

Edited by AdamB

Using the cam trigger would be the easiest as it will save hassle having to fabricate something up to fit the stock location and get a signal.

Will most likely use the same thing on my setup, and use an external crank trigger.

24 + 1 Toothed Wheel (Toyota ESA) inside the distributor using either 2 or 3 VR sensors (Ne, G1 and G2), depending on model. With the 3 VR sensor distributor we are only concerned with 2 of the sensors, one which reads the 24 teeth and one which picks up a single pulse per revolution.

On 4 cylinder engines the third sensor (G2), which also picks up on the single tooth, will be redundant.

This might help you out

Ye if its there already mite aswell use it like you said Adam

Thanks Grant, so D2 won't be needed just G1 to count and NE for signal.

Starting to make sense of this now, looks like the main fabrication will be the toothed crank wheel.

This is what I was told about on the DTA forum

HeI've had an S80 running in a test setup on a 4EFE using a 4EFTE distributor to get enough teeth. It had some intermittent issues syncing on start-up due to low-ish resolution and no missing teeth I believe, but ran well.

I used Trigger number 6 (Honda no missing teeth). I don't have laptop handy or I'd give you trigger angles.

Personally I'd throw a 36-1 on the crank , and retain the distributor for Cam signal if you wanted, could still use the stock trigger in there for that. The only reason I didn't go crank trigger was because I was doing testing on the engine for EFI in a speedway class and just needed to prove the point. Longer term I would.

4EFTE I used had 24 teeth (so 12 crank equivalent) and a single "Cam" trigger. The pickup looks like 2 cam sensors but it's note