MK1 GT Seats > Glanza.. [ Seatbelt Help ]

I know this has been covered but I'm just wondering about a few things.

1. Could these fit without as much modification?

2. The seats did not come with the bits that the seat belts clip into, do I need these or will Glanza ones do?

3. Even after looking at the How 2, I'm still shit and can't get my head around it

Edited by Matt1878

Lol I thought the how 2 was pretty clear, no bias here of course :p

All GT seats are the same as far as I know, MK3 seatbelt clippy bits work on EP91 belts, however MK2 don't and I assume MK1 wouldn't either

Secondly, I assume the rails are the same (can't see why they would change them, so they will need the same work). It's not much honestly, just grinding a few bits.

If anyone reading this is wanting some, I'll be selling some out of a MK3 GT soon so gimme a shout!

I noticed that the MK1 GT seats didnt have the screw/space for the seat belt bottom holsters (which attach to the seat) the MK1s mounted seat belts differently as far as I remember.

Ah this isn't good! .. So am I going to have to get a set of MK1 seatbelts too?

As the Glanza seatbelts are MK1 clips don't work together?:/

Edited by Matt1878

They dont attach quite the same, As I found when I had my green n/a, just get MK2 or MK3 GT seats, they have the screw for the attachment on! :)

I've already bought the seats dude, there here already.. Just trying to sus out the seat belt issue

MK1 seats ftw, cant beat the 'school tie' pattern lol.

I'm getting a pair too, you beat me to those ones Matt haha.

Thought about using harnesses instead of seatbelts dude ?

Haha! Sorry mate! I haven't thought about harnesses actually dude no...

I've already bought the seats dude, there here already.. Just trying to sus out the seat belt issue

Haha! Sorry mate! I haven't thought about harnesses actually dude no...

Well I did manage to get the MK1 seat belts to attach but had to screw them to the point where the rail connects to the chassis lol.. but they passed an MOT with them like that..

found this picture;

gtseatsmk1.png

my standard n/a seat belt worked with these seat belt clips, unsure if glanza ones would fit, id imagine so...

I may have these seat belt holsters buried somewhere... Ill have a look for them after work tomorrow :p

Edited by redz11

Any news here? ... I have the seats and should be able to mod the rails alright. It's the seatbelt/seatbelt clips that look to be an issue.

Does anyone know what seatbelt clips will work with MK1 GT seats and a Glanza seatbelt?

Could possiy look at harnesses? I have stripped the rear.. What would be the best place to mount?

I had 3 pointers mounted to where the rear seatbelt buckles bolted in, and the front points to the transmission tunnel and the bolt for the seatbelt rail on the bottom near the doors. No idea whether that's safe but they're gone now!