WTF all the Japfest track time is sold out??

Yeah japfest at coombe has sold out pretty quick this year - similar to like it did last year has to be early. Luckily ive bought some just after it went on sale,and you can always pick some up on the day - just got to ask around.

My only concern with the open pitlane at JF2 is that you are going to have a lot of mixed abilities on track, up to 40 cars, and some people with no idea to call it time after 20mins when they start to suffer brake fade and as a result casue an accident!

As for sound checks, coombe is pretty strict at 100db static - however they dont have any drive by checks. Where as at donnington its 100db static and 98db on drive by - those with screamers usually get pulled off :( The drive by is usually on the pit wall somewhere, and with majority of screamers pointing this direction, youll be getting black flagged :( so you will either need to lift off and cruise, or look into modding the screamer to queiten it down - ie have it pointing out towards the drivers side/plumbed back into exhaust should help :)

Edited by Danb

98db track sides quite loud, snetterton has 103db static in the evening with 93 track side, it also has multiple trackside testers.

Not sure what mine made static but was obviously below 103db at 6k (3/4 max revs) but my mates could hear my throttle bodies all the way round when i was on there and i didnt get pulled off.

Id say get yourself to a localish track and get it checked at the static testing station, its free and gives you an idea of how close you are to the limit

• 1 month later...

Their onsite "exhaust shop" was a load of crap. They didn't have a bung that fit my exhaust, and it wasn't exactly big! (3.5")

They measure sound 0.5-1 metres away at 4-4500rpm (if you tell them you have a lower rev limit they measure it lower)

Phone apps are pretty good at measuring it too so give it a go to be safe

Wish they had done that at Japfest 2 last year! The bloke didn't know what he was doing and somehow managed to record my Glanza at 98.4. Had to bung it to get on the track. Afterwards I went back and saw he had the sensor inside the exhaust and loads of people were failing!

• 2 months later...

Hi :)

After a frantic search online past 2 months to try and find track time for japfest I finally came across your topic. I was hoping that I could make a sneeky purchase for anyone that is selling their track time late due to unforseen circumstances :( I had to sell mine last year so I know how it feels!

Also as a thank you if you let me know where your club stand is i'll bring over my film equipment and do a feature to include in this years short film produced by Wolf Star Pictures. The previous Japfest film and managed to hit 37,000 views. So we plan to make this year even better!

thanks for your consideration

drop me a PM or email djairwolf@hotmail.com

Edited by DjAirwolf

Hi :)

After a frantic search online past 2 months to try and find track time for japfest I finally came across your topic. I was hoping that I could make a sneeky purchase for anyone that is selling their track time late due to unforseen circumstances :( I had to sell mine last year so I know how it feels!

Also as a thank you if you let me know where your club stand is i'll bring over my film equipment and do a feature to include in this years short film produced by Wolf Star Pictures. The previous Japfest film and managed to hit 37,000 views. So we plan to make this year even better!

thanks for your consideration

drop me a PM or email djairwolf@hotmail.com

Try pm'ing a lad called danb mate he's a little further up the page I'm sure he was on about seeking his track time so might be worth a shout to ya

Try pm'ing a lad called danb mate he's a little further up the page I'm sure he was on about seeking his track time so might be worth a shout to ya

He sold it mate, I got one of them