1/4 mile time board?

I'm running a td04 240bhp I couldn't get it better than 15 seconds no LSD shit tyres I see starlets getting 14.3s all day long on standard turbo at 94mph I was making 99mph but couldn't beat them times weird ?! Any one running that turbo and Bhp getting them times maybe I need LSD and better tyres ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I was at japshow with my tdo4 260bhp (220 at the wheels?) First time ever on the strip. First time id used my launch control. I was the biggest noob ever as I was spinning my road tyres up to get heat in them. I didnt realise that it actually draws the oil out which doesn't improve traction at all. Using launch cntrol made it impossible to get traction so dont think ill bother using it again. Also I didnt bring down my tyre pressures. My best run was a 15.2 with a 0.5 sec reaction time. Im going for japshow 2 in sept. I've got a few upgrades now so cant wait roll on sept for some improved times. I've got the bug and theres no stopping me.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed a 14.64 on a 1/4 mile at 102 mph. Car is td04 no map running .8bar of boost, No LSD. Car was strip out. And forgot to drop the pressure in the tyres.

Also our local quarter is not straight and is slightly up hill. No that I'm making excuses :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

would be a good idea i think aswell, good to see how the little fwd's do hardest part is getting the power down, would be interesting to see if anyone useing boost by gear or a similar idea gets better times than a similar spec without

Use your right foot and slip the clutch :p