Do I need a water feed to td04

Good point about the oil, but I guess it allows the coolant to actually cool rather than getting heated up by the turbo?

Hoping to relocate my filter to the foglight hole for a cheaper alternative to getting an oil cooler :p

Water is better at removing heat than oil is, hence why when you get out the shower it makes you feel cold as the water evaportates off your body, this does not happen with oil. If the turbo has the option to run water feed, then use it, it will prolong the life of the turbo and they are there for a reason.

Edited by AdamB

I thought it was more for when you turn the car off. As the water slows down the cooling time to stop the oil in the turbo carbonising whitch means prolonging the turbo life. Should not be used as a substitute to leaving the engine running for a bit before shut down tho

I thought it was more for when you turn the car off. As the water slows down the cooling time to stop the oil in the turbo carbonising whitch means prolonging the turbo life. Should not be used as a substitute to leaving the engine running for a bit before shut down tho

It in a nut shell. For when you've been hammering the hell out of it and turn the engine off straight away. Which is why I don't run a water line as it's easier to let it cool down through driving off boost and running a water line can cause hotspots in the engine.