Being stopped by the police ??

Well if you have insurance then 9 times out of 10 you have nothing to worry about, cause when they're following you they will 110% do an ANPR check on your plate to see if you HAVE insurance and tax/mot etc. If yes to all of them, and on their computer nothing flags up then as said 9 times out of 10 nothing will happen.

However if you're driving with something that will flag up, and they pull you over and look under the bonnet (who knows, i've heard in some cases the police men have been interested to look under the hood and know their shit sometimes). Then you MAY need a quick story lol.

Saying that - The police ARE NOT allowed to look in to your actual insurance policy. They are only allowed to check if you have insurance or not. NOT TO SAY that they can't, because they CAN look in to your policy to see if things are declared. But your policy is private between you and your insurer. But if mr.police man rings up your insurance, the insurance company will simply tell the guy what they have on their screen, and then look in your engine bay and see a wacking great turbo. So it's a bit of cat and mouse really.

Everyones opinion will differ on insurance as to whether they think things should be declared and imo it depends on your age (if you can get a modded car cheap enough) then go for it. If not, and you do dodge it, well then that's your call. I'm not saying anything about my insurance policy though :).

Just saying what i have heard in the past etc.

I think you should actually insure it as it says on the log book. But if it says something stupid like toyota 5 door 1.3, then its down to you to contact the dvla and change it to what its ment to be. Then insure it accordingly.

But police are cocks end of.

I had a impreza briefly and it was registered and insured as a non turbo.... it was 7.5k otherwise ffs. I was quite worried about being stopped i gotta say.

Watch with not declaring mods too, sure they can phone up certain insurance companies and ask for policy details. Might be wrong but.

is not the police ou want to worry about its vosa!!! they will fuck you oveer at the drop of a hat lol they can seize yor car at the blink of an eyye and if you arent above board then charges can be put against you, your mot and insurance both become void so in affect you drive round with none of the above = around 12 points in most cases as any magistrate will rape you and make an example of you in court.

get it insured properlynot to mention the fact that if you run someone over you are royally fucked even if it isnt your fault

If you have it insured as a 1.3 instead of a glanza, then your insurance will be void if anything happens.

If you get pulled and they check it out for any reason, with your insurance being void they will take your car there and then off you.

My gt when it got registered over here it was just registered as a 1.3 gl or summit daft so I got it changed and insured it as a gt to no on the safe side and so when I got pulled I had nothing to hide or panic about but each to there own I can see why people insure them as just a 1.3 as it would be alot cheaper on the pocket