Any *e series will bolt in, thats garrenteed

Its the electrics that are the problem.

The only engine that you can be positive that will be a p and p will be the 98/99 spec n/a uk spec 4efe

Corolla's use different ecu's (the plugs are different) so chances are sensors etc are also different. Get another starlet engine and put the inlet etc on that engine. Safest bet :)

how much shaun ?? dont wanna spend loads as its only my daily driver if it was for my project car i would go all out but aint at that stage yet im gonna run some ring sealer in it for now tieme other till i can source or replace engine i will be looking for the corry inlet and creamy coloured injectors

Any 4efe or 5efe will be a direct swap. Only a coolant temp sensor needs swapped on the 5efe. You dont need to change the ecu although you can if u want. Im unsure on the corolla ecu but as you dont need it dont worry about it.

4efe can be got for as little as 80 quid and are a easy diy fit if your on a budgey. Engine cranes can be hired for 10quis per day at most hire shops and wil fit in the back of a starlet ;-)

Edited by rmsnoel

For the cost and work involved in swappin to 4efte you would be better buyin a glanza for 1200-1400 quid off gumtree. If you wanted tto diy the engine swap I reccomend every starlet owner to buy the 1993_1997 corola haynes manual. 20quid in halfords