Matrix 'flushing'

So I'm going to flush my heater matrix tomorrow see if I can get my heaters a bit hotter!

Just wanted to know when I remove the two pipes going into the bulkhead, do i put a hosepipe into the bulkhead side or the engine side?

and do I remove both then put hosepipe in or do just one at a time?

Cheers

You remove the clamps with pliers and when gently twist the hoses by hand to break the seal and they should slide off handy. Use your hands and not the pliers. And don't turn the garden hose on full blast either.

Is your blower motor workin ok, does it get better when you change it to recirculate air inside the car. Is your pollen filters blocked and does your hot cold flap fully close when you want it to?

Jim, are your heater controls knobs or the pushbutton type. You can adjust the flaps where the cable attachs. Id check that first before flushing it out.

Im sure dishwasher descaler wouldnt do any harm man but like u say a good rinse out with a hose should be ok

Feckin hell tries flushing the matrix out and failed miserably due to the fact that the pipes would not budge at all I obviously used some mold grips to loosen the ring thing

Then I gave up n ran inside like a bitch because it was cold !!

Hahahahaha man up you girl :lol:

You prob want some slider grips to loosly grip the pipes to twist the pipes to break the seal, but not to tight as you could bend, crush or maybe break the pipes into the matrix.

If youve got some maybe try some penetrating oil under the pipes if you can get to it, leave it for a lil while and it might work into the scum and loosen up the pipes a bit

Done this a few times now. Take both pipes off and stick your hose inside. Standard hose size fits in nice and tight. Both times I did mine, had clean water going one way and looooads of crap come out the other way. Makes a pretty big difference but feel like mine needs doing yet again and I only did it a few months ago. Probably better to flush the matrix with clean water and then run a proper flush through the whole system.