DGR COILOVERS PROBLEM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget to keep damper as hard as it goes then drive it and sofen accordingly and put all 4 to the hardest then count the clicks so u match fronts to eachother then match back to what ever you decided is good for you

I thought that, basically I've been told to set damping as hard as it will go then loosen the spring so it's slack and lower the jack so the damper takes the slack off the spring then after half an hour soften the damping until I'm happy with height (they have damping adjusters on the top)

Nice one Jarrod

wouldnt have thought adjusting the damping would effect height adjustment, so are you changing the preload? ^

also the rears will need to be softer than the fronts as the rears have more spring weight, be interesting to see how they compare to meisters on uk roads

the knob you turn at the top affects damping not ride height, none of the sets of coilovers i purchased/fitted have said anything about messing with the damping adjustment to obtain correct ride height....as for the riding around on hard.....RIP spine...adjust to 10 clicks from the softest for the front and 5-6 on the back and see how you like it....

as for the pre-load (how compressed the spring is) it should be so the spring is snug and doesnt move freely AND isnt under any great tension.....you should be able to pretty much bottom out i.e have no arch gap without even touching the springs pre-load

in my experience of course...

That's what I've always thought and I checked the instructions last night and they said the only way to adjust ride height is by loosening the bottom locking ring and winding the bottom mount further up the threaded tube which I've done as much as possible, if the threaded tube was shorter it would solve my problem but I'm not about to drop £500 on a set of coilovers and then start hacking them up... I hope that's not the lowest they go at the rear.

That's what I've always thought and I checked the instructions last night and they said the only way to adjust ride height is by loosening the bottom locking ring and winding the bottom mount further up the threaded tube which I've done as much as possible, if the threaded tube was shorter it would solve my problem but I'm not about to drop £500 on a set of coilovers and then start hacking them up... I hope that's not the lowest they go at the rear.

You are adjusting it correctly. Do not loosen the locking ring that holds the springs in place, yes your car will go lower but it's not the right way to adjust them and as Asad said, the spring should not be loose.

I've been told to set damping as hard as it will go then loosen the spring so it's slack and lower the jack so the damper takes the slack off the spring

That's completely wrong, and your instructions make that clear!