water into oil what could it be? HELP!!

To cut a long story short the ringlands went on my engine again so i bought another standard engine which i had been told was 100% working with good compression, only thing was he had started taking the head off as was going to forge it but bought another engine anyway i recieved the engine on friday and thought i would just use the bottom end and use my head as i only had it skimmed ect a few months ago. Built all the engine up with new head gasket and put it in the car got everything bolted on started it up... And there is smoke pouring out of the exhaust and in the 5 minutes it was running i checked the oil cap which was creamy and the dipstick which looked like it had water mixed with oil on. Now i no the head is working perfect. You cant really get any pipes mixed up as there arent any external oil pipes apart from the turbo. Only thing i can think of is either head gasket on wrong, which i am sure it was on right as i checked it 10 time lol, or the block which was supposed to be 100% has a crack in???

The smoke coming out of the exhaust doesnt smell like oil at all i am sure it water as its loosing loads of water

What do people think?

Have been through nothing but problems with this car since i bought it so may be up for sale soon! Either that or crush it and put it on my mantal piece!

Edited by kbond

Well the head has had new valve stem seals valves have been reground and been skimmed and im sure i put it on the right way as i chech it 10 times!

Will be taking the head off again tomorrow to see if it is

Just don't twist them and it should be fine.

Also the possibility that you've scratched the head? Easy to catch the surface on the dowels in the block when you put it on

• 6 months later...