Slight blue smoke issue - Video

If I leave my car to idle when it's warm, then go back to it and get someone to give the throttle a blip, I get the smallest amount if blue smoke for a split second....what could this be?

Bearing in mind I've just had the head gasket replaced and the head rebuilt with new tuning developments stem seals, and compression is all good

Does it sound like an issue with the td04 given the symptoms?

Edited by A L 3 X
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I say it's not so much on idle, just if I leave the car to idle when warm then blip the throttle quite harsh but not boot it? Still sound like turbo?

A mate followed me but I didn't really boot it, he was just checking for when I set off from traffic lights, which he said he didn't see anything, must not of been idling long enough

I still don't really need the ct9s lol

I'm not too bothered just need confirmation it's not the stem seals, rich dog you've worried me now lol

only way to confirm is to take the manifold off and make sure there is no oil that side, if there is oil in the turbien exhaust housing then this would indicate turbo issue.

or try another proven working turbo

Edited by Danb

Make sure there is no oil before the turbo in the mani?

And that's the thing, a proven working turbo is hard to find lol

Yup as that would indicate stem seals as there is oil even before its reached the turbo.