Flat as a fart. Help please!

Before I had my car mapped it would bog down constantly until it started boosting, then it would pull normally right through the revs. At one point it was so bad it would judder and misfire and it just didn't want to go at all. But like I say once the turbo started pulling it was like someone flicked a switch and it would pull fine.

So I decided to throw £600 at it for an emanage blue and remap and it turned out the TPS was way out, so once that was readjusted and after a new dizzy and set of plugs it was fine with no flat spots or misfires. But within a week it was back to square one. So I've swapped the entire throttle body and TPS off another engine and its exactly te same. Checked ecu for fault codes and nothing came up.

Spec-

Wepr externally gated td04 setup

Fpr

Emanage blue mapped by tuning developments about 3/4 weeks ago

Like I say I've tried the following-

New set of plugs

New dizzy

Swapped the entire throttle body I clouding sensor

Checked ecu for faults- nothing

So recently I've had to put new big end bearings in it, spent £600 on a remap, and now the speedo has stopped working on the clocks and its practically undriveable. I'm utterly fucked off with it and it will be getting sold very soon if I can't get it right, totally sick of now.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Charlotte.

The car needs to register the speed or it will go into limp mode i think, id try checking the speedo cable etc and go from there

Not true. My mate drove his v without a broke speedo cable for months.

Dynoed at 160ish bhp on a CT9 @ 0.8 too without a working speedo

Did have a working rev counter though

Not true. My mate drove his v without a broke speedo cable for months.

Dynoed at 160ish bhp on a CT9 @ 0.8 too without a working speedo

Did have a working rev counter though

My GT was this spec, speedo cable popped out of the clocks and I drove it from Soton to Cardiff fine. I've had limp mode before because of my TMIC so I know how that is, my rev counter was also working

Check you have a good earth on the coil and ignitor. Throughout the many years the bracket which is essentially the earth to the firewall can get shitty and corode. Failing that swap the coil and ignitor for a known working unit. It sounds as if its typical symptoms of that as a coil which give flat spots and missfires at certain rpm points.

Check you have a good earth on the coil and ignitor. Throughout the many years the bracket which is essentially the earth to the firewall can get shitty and corode. Failing that swap the coil and ignitor for a known working unit. It sounds as if its typical symptoms of that as a coil which give flat spots and missfires at certain rpm points.

Thanks! I swapped a few sensors etc earlier at it seems slightly better but there's still something there. I have 2 spare coilpack/igniters so ill try one of those tomorrow and clean up the contact. Thanks!

i have a few kicking around so hopefully i won't end up buying a new one. but thanks for the heads up!

had a brainwave last night. i think the wastegate penny on the turbo may be leaking a wee bit when it gets warm as there's not a lot of weld holding it shut. going to take the decat off the turbo this weekend and have a look and bang some more weld on it for peace of mind.