Hi all bought a V wid a blown engine took the head off 2 see what damage had been done and found the pistons were fine with no play in bottem bearings and all valves seem 2 be fine. Tried turning engine over by hand 2 c if it had seized and it turned over fine. All bores were fine 2 anyone have a clue as what it coukd of been

Power fading out and not starting again sounds as simple as an alternator lol..... Did you not try topping the oil up and starting it before stripping it down? If the engine has blown due to no oil, chances are it's spun a bearing as said above and locked the engine... But if it turns over fine I'd take the caps off the rods and double check the bearings, double check the bores, tap the pistons on a hard surface to see if any chunks fall out or the rings break etc. If all is fine, face palm yourself, put it back together with a new gasket/seal kit and try it lol! Might be fine :p.

Na i didnt try start it because the lad i bought it if said it had done a piston and was fucked lol i think il av 2 get sm1 with more experienced have a look at it.

If it is fine what ya think carry on with the forged plan? Or sell it on make a bit of money and buy a fucked engine 2 forge as it only owses me 200 quid lol

Thanks 4 the advise as well

Haha!! Should have tried it dude! No harm if it's already fucked and to be honest a lot of people don't have a clue and just assume "oh must be fucked!" if it stops and doesn't start straight away :p.... If you're unsure, get it checked by a professional. If it's fine, it's already in bits and if it only cost you £200 I'd just stick with that and forge it... After you've rebuilt it with new gaskets you're probably not going to make much on it... Be a different story if it were still whole and running sweet :p.