Would it be good to limit "bump" posts to one per week on sale threads, so the recent threads would stay on the top/first page a bit longer? There's no need to bump your thread up everyday, right? :-)

People bump them up everyday for that exact reason though.

Most people only look at the 1st and/or 2nd page of the sales threads so it makes sense to bump up your thread daily.

If you didnt then threads where items have all sold. Or threads where the thread owner is rarely online could remain at the top.

The individual threads split into sections is the only way forward for me.

i realy like the idea would make looking for what you want alot easier god knows how many times ive been searching for something that i remember seeing but its droped to like page 8 on the for sale section.

ok its abit more work for sellers but at the end of the day thats not such a bad thing. ive sold quite a few bits and id happily spend an extra 5 mins if i was selling a stack of stuff if i knew that for example everyone that was after a set of coilovers was gonna be able to compare every set on the market. and not just the ones from the most active people bumping. its not alot of effort to list something for sale atm it would be almost no extra effort to put them in there own section.

I agree I spent so long looking through to find wheels where as if someone breaking a car can tag the wheels. also in a big list of parts anyone is selling on the section starlet parts for sale are able to tag things I think it's a very good idea. I also think its not allways ideal that you have to state prices for items for sale as bidding or offers is more practical in this day and age as one thing can sell for above what u priced or under just depends on market that week and how bad a person wants it things would sell faster and save keep bumping stuff and dropping prices

Great idea but I think alot of people go onto the for sale thread for a nosey, see something you like, and then try buying it. Not on it looking for anything specific.

Then again there is people on doing exactly that, be good to encorporate both into one, like above, being able to tag your item, that would be real handy!