I thought maybe splitting the for sale threads up like...

Wheels/Tyres

Interior Parts

Chasis/Suspension

Engine/Gearbox

Exterior/Lighting

Electronics/Audio

Miscellaneous

Makes it easier to find parts you maybe after maybe to much hassle but just an idea

cheers

aidan

Thats where this suggestion comes in. "If its even possible" :)

And if you have loads of random items for sale you can tag each item to come up in the correct section

If that's even possible to save writing up loads of ads the different sections

James

Maybe you could set it out like a form. So add the relevant details like price, condition, name, postage and category (Tick box) of item. Then have two buttons at the bottom to post the thread or add another item. So that each item is like it's own thread. But the page would essentially be a summary of all the items your trying to sell.

Then each item would be posted in the appropriate area. I know you can do this in Microsoft Access. 8)

I forgot to add that each detail would have it's own text field.

Edited by FreedomCore

This is just a suggestion guys but if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen. Maybe there could be a bundle section which means if you have a lot of things to sell you throw it up in that bit but if you only have one item to sell you categorise your item ;)

I think it would be a good idea it would make life so much easier for us buyers, as for the sellers side of things it may take longer to put the items up for sale but it i easier for the buyers to find them so might help sell items aswell

Don't see whats wrong with the current system tbh if there got to be 3-4 pages of new posts in the for sale section every day then maybe it's needed.

If the forum keeps getting bigger and bigger by the day then is it not easier to get a system running and in place now rather than later ??

I think the idea is good. It helps if people forget to bump up their item as I only tend to look at the 1st page on the forsale section as Im on here daily so I should have seen everything from the day before.

I can also think of times when I have seen something I wanted but did not post it on the thread then later on went back to look at it again an struggled to find it.

Plus if people are selling multiple items then I dont think its much more effort to do multiple threads you need to copy and paste the template anyway.

If you could do it in a format where you enter a number of items to sell then each item has a drop down menu for what section it goes in.

We could also have a sold button for the owner of the thread that locks it and automatically deletes a few days later. Saving mods having to close them and also making it easier to identify what has already sold without having to go in and out of the thread.

Would it be good to limit "bump" posts to one per week on sale threads, so the recent threads would stay on the top/first page a bit longer? There's no need to bump your thread up everyday, right? :-)