http://m.gumtree.com/toyota-starlet-alloys-glanza-gt-turbo-black-sr-speedlines-need-rid-of-asap/v?adId=1012292602#Starlet

Went to see these tonight. Guy said 1 alloy was slightly kirbed and he had had three new tyres fitted about a month ago.

All rims are kirbed and one even has a little chunk missing. One tyre has quite low tread and another is pretty much illegal. After pointing this out he then changed his mind and said he got 2 new tyres for the front of the car.

He wudnt really budge on price so I gave them a miss.

After getting home he started texting me asking wud I pay £180 for them then £170 then finally £160.

Wasted my time and petrol so just be aware if anyone is goin to look at them they arnt in as good condition as described

Davy

I picked my second set of 5 up for £120 3 good tyres needed a bit of a refurb but i was spraying them so didnt care lol

I think you would struggle to find a mint standard set, and if you did you would struggle to find a buyer.

Good condition refurbed without tyres £170 maybe, with nearly new tyres id say you'd still struggle to sell them at £250

They are heavy wheels dont have particularly good offset (stance lol) and most are curbed to fuck lol

For and extra £100 u could stumble across a set of grids or something with a bit of dish

Davy - it sounds like the ones u saw were pretty rough. especially if one had a chunk missing! they would have needed about £250 spent on them for a pro-refurb.

and with the tires being shot, u'd be looking £200 or so there, depending on what tires u went for of course.

it sounds like these were real dogs, and if one had a chunk missing, it could well have been buckled too for all u knew.

as i said, a good set is worth spending the money on. a set in need of money spent on them, not so much.

u probably did the right thing walking from them, sounds pretty steep given their condition mate. if i could sell u mine i would, but i'm afraid i need them.

my brother has a set of OZ Titans in desperate need of refurbishment though, not sure if he wants to sell them or not, but not harm asking him if they are of interest. 15", two sprayed black, 2 red. all centre caps present, but they need a professional refurb as paint is fucked and one of them has a score on one spoke from a gate post hinge. none of them have been buckled or cracked though.

Phil.

I picked my second set of 5 up for £120 3 good tyres needed a bit of a refurb but i was spraying them so didnt care lol

I think you would struggle to find a mint standard set, and if you did you would struggle to find a buyer.

Good condition refurbed without tyres £170 maybe, with nearly new tyres id say you'd still struggle to sell them at £250

They are heavy wheels dont have particularly good offset (stance lol) and most are curbed to fuck lol

For and extra £100 u could stumble across a set of grids or something with a bit of dish

Well these were in need of a refurb and I wasn't spending £200 on them just to get them refurbed (and I'd prefere silver anyway)

Davy - it sounds like the ones u saw were pretty rough. especially if one had a chunk missing! they would have needed about £250 spent on them for a pro-refurb.

and with the tires being shot, u'd be looking £200 or so there, depending on what tires u went for of course.

it sounds like these were real dogs, and if one had a chunk missing, it could well have been buckled too for all u knew.

as i said, a good set is worth spending the money on. a set in need of money spent on them, not so much.

u probably did the right thing walking from them, sounds pretty steep given their condition mate. if i could sell u mine i would, but i'm afraid i need them.

my brother has a set of OZ Titans in desperate need of refurbishment though, not sure if he wants to sell them or not, but not harm asking him if they are of interest. 15", two sprayed black, 2 red. all centre caps present, but they need a professional refurb as paint is fucked and one of them has a score on one spoke from a gate post hinge. none of them have been buckled or cracked though.

Phil.

Well phil I don't mind spending the money if they r in good nick. I'm gonna keep an eye out for sr rims at the min. If I can't get my hands on any then ill start looking into other toyota rims or aftermarket rims

cool dude.

if i hear of a set going locally i will give you a shout.

totally appreciate what you're saying about spending money if they are worth it! i'm the same dude. good call.

Phil.

Thanks phil. There is a guy on here that lives in portadown says he has a set but he hasn't got back to me about them yet. (Also tried to sell me an SR hahahaha)

If they dont sell then yes mate. But im 99% sure they will.

That's ok Rory sure u can let me know anyway

Thanks

Davy

and thats without having been refurbed. if they are MINT, they are easily worth more.

Phil.

Speedlines can be picked up cheaply when a rough state usually , if they are refurbed they can be worth 250

For the 5, the speedlines did make good money a few years back I think there getting cheaper

As most need refurbed.

Keep the Faith Davy if they are what you really want a set will pop up !!