EP91 NA Front Brake Replacement

From what i've read before, front brakes are not a standard size accross all the variations of the starlet. I need to replace both the front discs and pads on my sportif but i'm currently struggling to find anything cheap and that i know will fit.

I know that the discs on my car are currently 229mm, non abs, but it's been hard to find similar discs. Do the glanza discs that are slightly bigger fit without much additional hassle?

I've found these which seem to be a good deal, my main priority is getting my car through it's mot re-test next week.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-BRAKE-DISCS-PADS-TOYOTA-STARLET-1-3-16V-EP91-ABS-238MM-DISC-96-99-/400423786057?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Plat_Gen%3AEP91&hash=item5d3b1e1649

Cheers, Dan

From what i've read before, front brakes are not a standard size accross all the variations of the starlet. I need to replace both the front discs and pads on my sportif but i'm currently struggling to find anything cheap and that i know will fit.

I know that the discs on my car are currently 229mm, non abs, but it's been hard to find similar discs. Do the glanza discs that are slightly bigger fit without much additional hassle?

I've found these which seem to be a good deal, my main priority is getting my car through it's mot re-test next week.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-BRAKE-DISCS-PADS-TOYOTA-STARLET-1-3-16V-EP91-ABS-238MM-DISC-96-99-/400423786057?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Plat_Gen%3AEP91&hash=item5d3b1e1649

Cheers, Dan

Yes, Glanza discs will fit, but you will need to change the caliper carriers

Glanza discs will go straight on mate I was running glanza discs on my n/a for over 10 years lol you dont need to change anything just make sure you get the correct center bore.

I ordered both sizes available in EBC discs and neither would fit with the standard UK spec caliper carriers. I had to get Glanza carriers.

Glanza and 95% of gt's discs are 256mm 55mm centerbore

uk spec across 95% are 238mm 55mm centerbore

A couple of late 99specs have been known to run turbo brakes of 256mm 55cb

Very early gt's ran 238mm with 54mm centerbore

All discs are 18mm thick

If you want bigger brakes use turbo carriers and discs, the pads are the same throughout all models

I don't think it's a problem with the discs and the pads at all. The mot fault is "front brake juddering severely" and they said this would be due to a warped disc, requiring new discs and pads. I didn't truely believe him seeing as i've not had a problem under braking and the brakes have minimal wear.

Only thing was that one of the calipers was fairly stiff when i tried to push it back in, more than likely due to moisture getting in through a slight tear in the rubber seal. But i've had a play with it, copper greased it a bit and it seems fine.

Cheers for the comments, will more than likely upgrade the brakes if i decide to keep it!