show us your oil cooler setup

you will need a thermo dude esp in this weather, otherwise there is nothing stopping the oil from being over cooled and it can cause just as much problems as too hot

its like 50 quid from mocal for the thermo sandwich plate better off getting one

Do you have an oil temp gauge? Make sure you actually need a cooler before getting one.

I had a dodgy coolant thermostat and thought I needed one, so bought an oil cooler (with mocal thermostatic sandwich plate) and soon after found the coolant thermostat was blocking coolant flow, changed it and then the oil runs too cool. Been running with the cooler bypassed since.

thanks lads for info i was looking at the mocal kit the only things is where to put the oil temp gauge and oil pressure gauge and currently on my sandwhich plate.i will defo need one as im going to be tracking it.

thanks lads for info i was looking at the mocal kit the only things is where to put the oil temp gauge and oil pressure gauge and currently on my sandwhich plate.i will defo need one as im going to be tracking it.

You can use two sandwich plates stacked up. SImples.

• 1 month later...

BUMP! I'd like to see pics of how people have mounted their kits! I have a HDi FMIC, Civic rad, and I'm trying to figure out the place place to fit one without compromising the turbo/water cooling.

Not at the moment but I can get some for you yea

Pretty much its an l shaped bracket stainless steel and I rounded off the edges to make the m look good drilled holes where the original mounts would scre in... And on the side with the cooler two holes for the lines to attatch to it the rivvetes the

excuse the reply above my phone fucked up lol

Not at the moment but I can get some for you yea

Pretty much its an l shaped bracket stainless steel and I rounded off the edges to make the m look good drilled holes where the original mounts would screw in... And on the side with the cooler two holes for the lines to attach to it and rivets hold it to the bracket...

I'll take pics in a bit for u

Edited by rasslenny

Nice one fellas!

Greddy oil cooler with built in thermostat.941903_600840569926519_334354205_n.jpg

Awesome!

I don't suppose you could do me a HUGE favour Mike?

Would you please be able to get me dimensions of the cooler, and approximate lengths for each of your oil lines?

Also is that the oil filter relocated near the tow strap? Because if so this is pretty much exactly how I want mine to be set up! Just need to get lengths of the hoses and the right measurements for cooler etc as I'll be getting a kit made up rather than buying an off the shelf one.

And if possible could you get images of the brackets you used to fix the cooler? Would really appreciate the help! :thumbsup: