Side exit exhaust (bumper)

Hello people I have been thinking about having a side exit exhaust on my V.. was just wondering is anybody else running side exits & what gains will I see ? I have been told it will spool a lot faster & obviously it will save a few kg what's your opinions ?

I've tried my GT without an exhaust, just the decat..the boost isn't as smooth obviously because the gas flow wouldn't be as efficient but once it got going it was definitely shifting haha

Should get a bit of a gain I'd presume and they sound amazing!

I would run one but can't stand the idea of hacking my front bumper!

Edited by Amjad

My mate has an exhaust valve that he can open on a switch. Close it for cruising or track etc open it for drag. Just dumps to the floor by his nsf wheel but makes a big difference to spool times!

This sounds interesting! Is that the Apex'i exhaust valve?

Think its just a general 3" one from the states, we get US price postage as we know americans on a local base so parts like that are easy to get hold of. :p

Like this but cheaper as its from the states

Mobile link so might not work

http://bit.ly/16K2ALb

But it means you can run your stock or quiet but restrictive system for road track etc etc but when you need that extra go you open it up and make some noise :D

Looking at the picture I can't really figure out how it works, is it just like a straight through exit that you can activate? Bit pricey but that would be a cool option!

With the valve, the full exhaust is still open, but it also has second exit that can be opened. My mate has his on the bend of his down pipe so it pretty much wants to leave that way but cant as its usually closed.

Ill try get him to send me a picture so you guys can see :)