Autolifers EP article...pretty sure I posted pics of this from Harmony Hill last year

Agreed, this will not be to everyone's taste. It has everything done to it which I really don't like.

However, looking at the bigger picture.. There is some seriously hard work gone into making it look like that....

Edited by Matt1878

aye its been about for quite a while now, i have the original airfield feature from Modified Motors.

seen it in the flesh a few times, there is some serious work gone into it. not to our tastes here, but no denying the dedication and workmanship of all involved.

pretty sure he was a member here back in the day too.

Phil.

the point of my posting this, along with the other online blog EP-spottings, is to illustrate that our little EPs are at least getting some media coverage, that owners are getting features in mags and online blogs, rather than Dubs and Hondas.

i dont really care what style the cars have been done in, I still have my stack of EP mag features where they have F50-style bonnet vents in them, my intention is simply to acknowledge that EPs are getting media coverage of any kind, which is why there is still a plan to hi-res scan and upload every single EP-mag feature that we have in our possessions - yes, even the chavtastic ones (no one has to read them if they find them offensive lol) to compile an online library of ALL EP media, in all its guises.

also, and this bit i find particularly good, no matter anyone's personal feelings on the car, or its styling, he's still had more magazine/blog features than pretty much anyone here on UKSO over the last 8 years. so like it or not, he's doing something right. he built a show car, to win shows and get features with. which he has done. many times. I say fair play to him for achieving what he set out to do. it might not be JDM, but if they were all JDM they'd all look the same and be boring as shit.

also - i dont get the "people like this who give us a bad name" bit. I've met him. He's as big an EP head as any of us, who had his head stuck in my car half the day. He doesnt sell crack to kids. he doesnt rape goats. i'm afraid i find no logic in that comment. what's he giving us a bad name for? street racing? with a 4e-fe and all that weight and air suspension, i very much doubt he's out blasting round residential areas. the thing is a static show car, and it has absolutely no reflection on anyone on UKSO, or any other EP owner.

if anything we should be trying to embrace ALL types of EP styling/ownership here on UKSO - we're not some JDM-snobs where we shun people with other tastes. just because it doesnt fit OUR definition of what "JDM" is?? last JDM EP i saw was covered in anime - how many of our cars are that "JDM"? why do we accept "Kaido racer" styling as ok when it is clearly chavtastic stupid exhaust plastic bumper extension shite?? just because its japanese??

also these are legit questions, not a rant aimed at anyone. IMHO we should be trying to welcome all styles of EP ownership, not just the JDM-styled. it would serve to broaden our modifying diversity here, and there's no rule at JAE etc that a car has to be "JDM-styled", it simply has to be Japanese. i dont see why this car couldnt sit in line with the rest of ours and turn just as many heads, clearly for sticking out like a sore thumb, but theres no "JDM-styling" rule at JAE etc.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

the point of my posting this, along with the other online blog EP-spottings, is to illustrate that our little EPs are at least getting some media coverage, that owners are getting features in mags and online blogs, rather than Dubs and Hondas.

i dont really care what style the cars have been done in, I still have my stack of EP mag features where they have F50-style bonnet vents in them, my intention is simply to acknowledge that EPs are getting media coverage of any kind, which is why there is still a plan to hi-res scan and upload every single EP-mag feature that we have in our possessions - yes, even the chavtastic ones (no one has to read them if they find them offensive lol) to compile an online library of ALL EP media, in all its guises.

also, and this bit i find particularly good, no matter anyone's personal feelings on the car, or its styling, he's still had more magazine/blog features than pretty much anyone here on UKSO over the last 8 years. so like it or not, he's doing something right. he built a show car, to win shows and get features with. which he has done. many times. I say fair play to him for achieving what he set out to do. it might not be JDM, but if they were all JDM they'd all look the same and be boring as shit.

also - i dont get the "people like this who give us a bad name" bit. I've met him. He's as big an EP head as any of us, who had his head stuck in my car half the day. He doesnt sell crack to kids. he doesnt rape goats. i'm afraid i find no logic in that comment. what's he giving us a bad name for? street racing? with a 4e-fe and all that weight and air suspension, i very much doubt he's out blasting round residential areas. the thing is a static show car, and it has absolutely no reflection on anyone on UKSO, or any other EP owner.

if anything we should be trying to embrace ALL types of EP styling/ownership here on UKSO - we're not some JDM-snobs where we shun people with other tastes. just because it doesnt fit OUR definition of what "JDM" is?? last JDM EP i saw was covered in anime - how many of our cars are that "JDM"? why do we accept "Kaido racer" styling as ok when it is clearly chavtastic stupid exhaust plastic bumper extension shite?? just because its japanese??

also these are legit questions, not a rant aimed at anyone. IMHO we should be trying to welcome all styles of EP ownership, not just the JDM-styled. it would serve to broaden our modifying diversity here, and there's no rule at JAE etc that a car has to be "JDM-styled", it simply has to be Japanese. i dont see why this car couldnt sit in line with the rest of ours and turn just as many heads, clearly for sticking out like a sore thumb, but theres no "JDM-styling" rule at JAE etc.

Phil.

^^^^ Exactly and each to their own, we just need to see more coverage on all fronts :)

Nice finds Phil

John