What batterys are people running in their GTs?

Mine is always flat.. to the point where I don't dare go out anywhere, and its less than 2 years old. Think my alarm uses a lot on it, but was only a cheap £50 battery.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section?

I've got a bosch battery, never had any issues and i only use the car every 2-3 days. Eurocarparts are pretty good for prices, you would get a decent one for £50. Avoid places like halfords as they want silly money for their crap ones.

How long does the car get left when u realise the battery has died?

Do you have any amps/subs in your car? sometimes they can be draining your battery if the remote cables are not fitted correctly

I have a trickle charger and the battery is left on it when the cars not being run.

If the cars stood for two days then its flat on its arse. Needs more than 4 hours driving to get it to restart after 30 mins of being turned off- and the alternator is pretty much new.

I've got a bosch battery, never had any issues and i only use the car every 2-3 days. Eurocarparts are pretty good for prices, you would get a decent one for £50. Avoid places like halfords as they want silly money for their crap ones.

Do you have any amps/subs in your car? sometimes they can be draining your battery if the remote cables are not fitted correctly

I have an amp (i think... lol) will try unplugging it and see if it makes any difference and will grab a Bosch if not- thanks!

Local motor factors do the best deal with 3yr warranty for a heavy duty payed £39 roughly 2year ago so price will have slightly gone up now.

Part no : 545155033 varta dynamic (blue) :)

Agree with this. Apart from Halfords batteries. They are expensive but they are far from crap. They may be unbranded but Halfords batteries are 1 of the best on the market.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Agree with this. Apart from Halfords batteries. They are expensive but they are far from crap. They may be unbranded but Halfords batteries are 1 of the best on the market.

Do Halfords warranty them still? :)

Yeah, seems to be getting power fine. Only thing I can think to be affecting it is that its in the boot- but should still be charging :s lol

Will nip down and get one this evening. Might see if the place I got this one from will change it

2 days isn't long enough, sounds like your battery has definitely lost a few cells. It's what happened to mine after I bought a new one but only used to drive it every weekend, sometimes every fortnight. After about 5 months the battery was dead, would only produce 3V and couldn't be charged. Halfords replaced it as I said it was faulty, but was my fault.

I've got a little hyundai I10 battery, uses import size terminals and sits nicely in the bay. Will be getting fired in the boot at some point.

Halfords batteries are made by a large company who makes many OEM rreplacement car parts, cant mind their name though.

• 2 weeks later...