Newbie from lincolnshire

hi all im new and found your site after buying my 1st Glanza 1998 r reg (gumtree)

I bought her around 3-4 weeks ago after wanting 1 since bein 18 finally got round to owning 1 after buying lots of other cars and not bein happy, however still not happy only drove it 30 miles and it sounds like a tappet or something has gone!! so after reading on here I found the crack on the cylinder head at the fourth pot gutted car bein sat up ever since as I cant find any parts to replace or repair. I will be posting in another area for some parts I require and some info if any 1 can help thanks

thanks in advance for any help I may need im sure il want plenty :friends:

Edited by Fisher

Welcome to UKSO

Where abouts in Lincolnshire are you

There's a few fair few of us in this neck of the woods

I'm in Grimsby

Chand

Im in Scunthorpe Pal only down the road lol

• 3 weeks later...

Im in Scunthorpe Pal only down the road lol

Not far at all then :)

Well I've organised a local starlet meet if you fancied popping down

It's being held on Sunday 9th June in cleethorpes

Details are in local meets mate

Hope to see you there

Chand

Not far at all then :)

Well I've organised a local starlet meet if you fancied popping down

It's being held on Sunday 9th June in cleethorpes

Details are in local meets mate

Hope to see you there

Chand

hi I will try and get down to it I have got a new engine in I bought it from Got.boost ( I think that's his name he from Essex very helpful chap indeed ) but got a few little issues hope to have fixed soon though. ive only got 0.4 bar of boost through the gears only really gave it a little bit in 1st 2nd and 3rd and maybe need it setting up on the rollers its just cash at the min and stock ecu so not drove more than 20mile since fitting new engine

also my temp gauge on the dash the original never moves above halfway but my depo gauge can go as high as 92 so very unsure and not driving as I cant afford another new engine just yet

any help tips and advice any body please ??

Edited by Fisher

hi I will try and get down to it I have got a new engine in I bought it from Got.boost ( I think that's his name he from Essex very helpful chap indeed ) but got a few little issues hope to have fixed soon though. ive only got 0.4 bar of boost through the gears only really gave it a little bit in 1st 2nd and 3rd and maybe need it setting up on the rollers its just cash at the min and stock ecu so not drove more than 20mile since fitting new engine

also my temp gauge on the dash the original never moves above halfway but my depo gauge can go as high as normal so very unsure and not driving as I cant afford another new engine just yet

any help tips and advice any body please ??

Hi mate

Ya boosting problem could be a number of things

Are you running a electronic boost controller or actuator?

And what do you on standard dials never goes above half way... That is where you want it to sit

That is it optimum running temperature

And when you say on ya drop gauges it goes up to high as normal what do you mean?

Thanks

Chand

Hi mate

Ya boosting problem could be a number of things

Are you running a electronic boost controller or actuator?

And what do you on standard dials never goes above half way... That is where you want it to sit

That is it optimum running temperature

And when you say on ya drop gauges it goes up to high as normal what do you mean?

Thanks

Chand

standard actuator no boost controller

I meant to say the in dash temp sits at half that's fine but my depo gauges read as high as 92 which aint far off boiling mate could this be a crap connection or wire? also which would be true thanks

Welcome aboard!

I have quite a few spares for starlets now in my lock up and I only live in hull.

You will be fine on here. Plenty of advice and help when needed.

Sam.

have you got any shocks and springs or just shocks can use my own springs thanks

standard actuator no boost controller

I meant to say the in dash temp sits at half that's fine but my depo gauges read as high as 92 which aint far off boiling mate could this be a crap connection or wire? also which would be true thanks

Have you still got the low / high boost solenoid in place?

And I could be wrong but your depo one could have a Faulse reading yes

Where have you mounted in? In the turn flow on top side of the rad?

Chand

Have you still got the low / high boost solenoid in place?

And I could be wrong but your depo one could have a Faulse reading yes

Where have you mounted in? In the turn flow on top side of the rad?

Chand

ive tried it with solenoid in pace and without still no difference

not sure where its fitted I didn't do that it were already done

have you got or do you know any 1 with a good adjustable actuator for sale also after some front shocks mine has some blue 1's with something sr on them but 1 leaks so need a pair?

ive tried it with solenoid in pace and without still no difference

not sure where its fitted I didn't do that it were already done

have you got or do you know any 1 with a good adjustable actuator for sale also after some front shocks mine has some blue 1's with something sr on them but 1 leaks so need a pair?

Il ask about for ya mate as I've sold a lot of my parts now including coilovers and turbo setups acruactor etc

But if you can make it to the meet next weekend there's a few people who are coming who have a lot of spares

Could be worth ya while

Chand