Japfest so much to do!!!

Been seriously stressed out this week getting car ready for Sat, but I should be ok :) Anyone else having any drama getting their cars ready lol.

I had been suffering with what i thought was blowby as i was getting oil on my rocker cover, but turns out I forgot to put the bloody seals on the rocker nuts ha ha, so that was sorted

so my next problem was that I was getting blue puffs of smoke from my exhaust, particularly on overrun and then putting throttle on. Driving me mad trying to find out whats causing it, this week i have

Checked the turbo and its bone dry for oil inside the intercooler, my valve stem seals were changed 3 months ago so highly unlikely it was that, so I was left with the less obvious but a possibility that i had put a piston ring on upside down, I just spent 2 hours tearing the engine apart again only to find out that it was all correct, arrrrggghhh.

So another 2 hours putting it back together, back to the drawing board, i am just gonna put it down to bedding in and will see what its like in a few hundred miles!

Oh and i am awaiting a AFR too which i need to weld in arrrgghh!!

Edited by Taggy

Wow you are seriously dedicated man. Hands down you deserve a medal :lol: Or at least a beer!

My lists consists of:

Maybe fit some Sr decals

Lower my front suspension.

Other than that I've got a rattle from a plate inside my collector on my header but that can wait until after JF haha

^ this man is so relaxed lol

Stock engine = minimal problems :p

Only other issue i have is it running to cold and killing my economy. But due to some stupid rad pipe I've had to have made its a nightmare to bleed the system so im saving the thermostat change till after JF!

Anyway cant worry too much if it breaks it breaks, nothing i can do...

I left mine with the o/h today to replace the droplinks as they started knocking last night and conveniently he wasnt working today :) taking it to be valeted tonight and will be making a move tomorrow afternoon to the Travelodge at the meet point :)

ive got LOADSSSSSSSSSSS that needs doing, but ive got NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO money to fix any of it

I've seen like 15 tickets for sale on here cant believe it! Hope many still make it! I've got loads to do also and no money literally can't even afford a front number plate aha :/

Edited by Matts

I've seen like 15 tickets for sale on here cant believe it! Hope many still make it! I've got loads to do also and no money literally can't even afford a front number plate aha :/

With over 100 people going i dont think 15 is a massive number :) plus each ticket that gone up for sale has been sold so its not like were losing numbers :D

where do i begin?

had the car a month and spent every day (more or less) trying to just get back to where my old one was. added a few extra bits and bobs. now in the process of trying to get wheels ready. been at them with the sandpaper and rattle cans as i cant afford powder coating so their a bit rough to say the least, gonna get them done properly when funds allow but i want them on for Japfest. gotta take the car to get tyres fitted, balanced and tracking done, then lower it more, sort out the grinding noise from my brakes :S clean inside and out and do an oil change etc. this is all tomorrow before i go to work at 5pm then setting off at 10pm to get down in time.

I'm not gonna lie... I'm excited lol have a catch up with some old mates, catch up with my mates 750 brake scooby and generally have a laugh! Not really fussed what car I turn up in Aslong as I get there :p