Out of interest what is everyones favourite dump valve? Criteria can be based on build quality, looks, ease of fitting and sound.

Baily, HKS, turbosmart, Blitz, Sard etc...

Build quality wise, there all pretty well manufactured.

Sound preference wise, i prefer the HKS , Blitz supersound and Turbosmart ones.

I run a blitz supersound, adjusted nice and hard, so it only dumps under heavy throttle.

The HKS ones sound pretty immense with the purple insert.

Turbosmart make some quality ones too, and there twin trumpet one is extremely loud.

Have a look on youtube for different dump valve sounds and see which you prefer bud.

Build quality wise, there all pretty well manufactured.

Sound preference wise, i prefer the HKS , Blitz supersound and Turbosmart ones.

I run a blitz supersound, adjusted nice and hard, so it only dumps under heavy throttle.

The HKS ones sound pretty immense with the purple insert.

Turbosmart make some quality ones too, and there twin trumpet one is extremely loud.

Have a look on youtube for different dump valve sounds and see which you prefer bud.

I thoroughly researched BOV's when i was buying one and after a while i chose the Blitz. It looks great, sounds great (really loud whoosh) and the build quality is excellent. I dont like the HKS is too "chirpy" and the inserts dont change the sound much. Not worth the extra money you have to pay. You can pick up a blitz from japan brand new imported for £130!

Yeah the HKS ones can sound a little too high pitched.But its all down to personal taste.

I just prefered the noise of the Blitz.

Also very easy to get hold of flange adaptors for the Blitz items. So you can weld or samco them onto youre intercooler pipework without a lot of hassle.

its all down to preference, i have a bailys jobby and have it wound down to go off even on part throttle, sounds good blipping the throttle off the line,

was pretty good on the last cruse when we had 15 4eftes chirping away to the different bov sounds crusing about. noting hks as being the most comon id say.

was pretty good on the last cruse when we had 15 4eftes chirping away to the different bov sounds crusing about. noting hks as being the most comon id say.

That sounds like great fun :p

Would i be right in saying if you wind the DV so it opens easily it makes less noise compared to when its wound tight?

I like this sound:

Think that is a blitz :)

Not sure of the make on this one:

Would i be right in saying if you wind the DV so it opens easily it makes less noise compared to when its wound tight?

I like this sound:

When you tighten or loosen them, youre just adjusting the tension on the spring.

So it will either open under heavy pressure or light.

Obviously if you have it set to only dump on heavy pressure then you will hear more chattering from the turbo.

I like this sound:

That dumpvalve in the second video is the old HKS SQV (not the SSQV)...nasty piece of kit lol.

Ive got a blitz one which came with the car. i really like the sound of the blizt BOV, like others have said its gives a nice whoosh under hard throttle when letting off and a nice chatter when letting of under light acceleration :)