what relocation filters are people using?

The hks one's won't fit right between the standard radiator....Arnold have you seen the quality of the monster one's....they really aint that good, anyone used green cotton one's or have a link to the same shape filter as the monster one's? :)

Are you mental??? £55 for a full relocation kit is peanuts!!! You clearly havent compared prices.

Personally if I were you I would make my own and use a decent filter like apexi or HKS.

Mines is an HKS Mushroom.

Bought an ASH 90 degree bend off the turbo. Then a 10cm alloy pipe then a 70mm to 52mm silicon reducer.

£9.50 for 90degree bend £5 for alloy pipe £7.50 for reducers iirc all from ASH. Which are the best about these days.

Plus £70 or whatever an HKS mushroom costs. Puts £55 into perspective.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Stu its £55 just for the filter! I was gunna wait n get a civic radiator when I change all the coolent next winter then look at a HKS cause there will be alot more room, I could cut the piping but the the filter will be buried behind the radiator...

Sorry mate I assumed that was for the relocation kit fuck that shit.

Get an HKS mushroom it offers the largest surface area with it being front facing and also causes the air to be forced in directly. Also you can change the filter foam when its dirty rather than having to clean it.

The hks one's won't fit right between the standard radiator....Arnold have you seen the quality of the monster one's....they really aint that good, anyone used green cotton one's or have a link to the same shape filter as the monster one's? :)

No I haven't seen them. I've got an Apexi on mine crammed in the front with custom pipework. I'd much rather DIY than buy a kit that's not gonna fit

Just measure the end of the relocation pipe, any air filter brand from Jetex to K&N do universal filters that will fit it mate

On a side note, why are you replacing it? Did they fob you off with a shitty 'Drift' filter aswell? As appose to the Green one they advertise

Edited by Addymk2

They may well have HKS filters for sale, but are they the right ID for the diameter of the relocation kit? And as the monster one sits at 90 degrees is it even going to fit? Most of the air would blow past a HKS filter anyway they are shaped like pancakes lol

TBH I'd pick a cotton gauze over foam any day of the week.