Maximum power for a N/A e series engine.

it's a shame enzo still isn't floating about. his jdm 4efe (100bhp) n/a build was a massive inspiration. focus on weight :D

enzos wee beast was closer to 120bhp easily :p

Edited by PaulStarletSR

Just found some info on Enzo car, over on austatletclub.com

The Aussies seem to be doing alot on n/a tuning at the moment. Only one has ITB's though and they are enclosed with a BCM airbox :/ no trumpets :(

Enclosed seems to be better, even on mine most people seem to get best results from enclosed intake systems on the throttles.

If you're getting really technical the ideal length between the tip of the trumpet and the combustion chamber can be calculated and also the ideal length of each runner of the exhaust manifold then the collector an finally the overall length of the exhaust. If you get these spot on you can get whats called pulse tuning And its like a shockwave that getting amplified and helps the gassed through the engine and can create some crazy torque curves.

Have a read of this

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/articles/emr-adj-length-intake/

enzos wee beast was closer to 120bhp easily :p

100hp out the standard engine ;) i think he estimated 120 out of it, if it ever came up for sale i'd snap it up :D

in it's previous shell before the ep81 shell he put the 4efe into, just for inspiration.

and here was the spec list http://www.torquestats.com/modified/index.php?car_id=203

kind of the reason i bought 14" weds. when the money is right, i'm gonna go all lightweight on the pink beast :D

Edited by Billy SR

Enclosed seems to be better, even on mine most people seem to get best results from enclosed intake systems on the throttles.

If you're getting really technical the ideal length between the tip of the trumpet and the combustion chamber can be calculated and also the ideal length of each runner of the exhaust manifold then the collector an finally the overall length of the exhaust. If you get these spot on you can get whats called pulse tuning And its like a shockwave that getting amplified and helps the gassed through the engine and can create some crazy torque curves.

Have a read of this

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/articles/emr-adj-length-intake/

Cheers Morgey, makes for a good read, will have another read of it tomorrow, its a bit late haha.

Didn't another guy called enzo push his N/A a fair bit? His name was enzo_*insert a load of numbers here*.

He rebuit the whole engine and it looked real smart, I remember read he was thinking about installing nitrous, but I haven't seen any progress.

Joel was working on nitrous as well, but haven't seen anything materialise.

I wouldn't bother wasting your time, money or effort on porting the cylinder head. They are the same head as used on the FTE and we have seen it time and time again where the stock head still flows well enough to support 280bhp+, which is never going to be made on an N/A. You could smooth it, but refrain from any material removal and just concentrate on blending and shaping.

I wouldn't bother wasting your time, money or effort on porting the cylinder head. They are the same head as used on the FTE and we have seen it time and time again where the stock head still flows well enough to support 280bhp+, which is never going to be made on an N/A. You could smooth it, but refrain from any material removal and just concentrate on blending and shaping.

Every litte helps though! I won't be doing it my self, but someone who knows that they are doing, plus its not costing me anything.

Thought Enzo said it had 115bhp in his kudos swinger arm version.

100hp based jdm 4efe with fhe cams and lightweight crank pulley and lightened flywheel and fujitsubo exhaust.

The best way to go is itb's tbh.

And it was faster then a .8 bar Glanza! Alot

I found an even lighter stock version but its listed with the same weight XD

The 5e-fhe is around 110bhp, so its a decent base to start on, surely i cant be that hard to gain 30-40bhp. ITB's arrived today so I will crack on with them.

Funny you should say that Addy I thinking of going six speed. I've hear there isn't much of a difference between the two boxes.

Na short box is indeed comparable with the 6 spd rolla box

Ive got the FHE mtm gearbox to test out in a few weeks, i believe its a C153.

4 short gears then the fift as long as the C52.

Anyone know this type of box?

Edited by Mikep82

Na short box is indeed comparable with the 6 spd rolla box

Ive got the FHE mtm gearbox to test out in a few weeks, i believe its a C153.

4 short gears then the fift as long as the C52.

Anyone know this type of box?

Best person to speak to regarding gear boxes is , i know he has tried a few different ones in starlets.

If I wanted to keep it n/a I would go with an 4age conversion

That's all well and good if you haven't spent the best part of a year and heap of money building a 5e-fhe. I know where you are coming from though. If it was a fresh start it would be a different story + I don't think Morgey would be a happy man lol.

I wouldnt mind, the more people who do it the more info there is which will help other people.

But i also like people who go against the grain, like yourself, "why not just go 4efte".....

Erm because i like the challenge of doing something different and seeing where a n/a can get to!

Kudos to ya and stick to ya guns :)

I wouldnt mind, the more people who do it the more info there is which will help other people.

But i also like people who go against the grain, like yourself, "why not just go 4efte".....

Erm because i like the challenge of doing something different and seeing where a n/a can get to!

That's actually a fair point, more of them around the more knowledge there is.

Yeah, it's a challenge, hours spent searching corners of the internet trying to find info and parts. The hardest part of my build was sourcing engine, parts and now creating my own due to the fact most tuning companies focusing on the 4e-fte. Whereas not many people go to extreme lengths on squeezing more power out of the N/A.

Cheers Morgey, will do! :thumbsup:

Exactly its nice to see people do something different