I'm picking up a new shell from leeg in the next few days, just wondering if anyone has any advice for doing this? If anyone found it easy or really hard?

The shell has a wiring loom but i will be swapping basically everything, engine, exhaust, doors, full suspension, back quarter windows etc. I have access to a engine crane, jacks, axle stands and a few friends who are willing to help out

I am almost considering getting a garage to do the work for me but i cant really afford the £750 i've been quoted.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Are both cars the same year spec, ie. 96 or 98 ?

If they are different the wiring might be a small issue.

I had a quick look round that shell and it looked decent mate :)

But just literally park them side by side and swap whatever you need over :)

I built my GT from a shell basically but had to buy all the parts individually lol. You'll be fine if you have all the parts to hand.

they are different spec's, shell is 96 and my car is 98. Hopefully wont have too many issues as the dash is still in place.

I think im gonna defo attempt the work myself, its going to take me a good few weeks i reckon. Biggest job i've ever taken on, feel free to come down and help lads haha

In that case then use all the 98 spec stuff, anyone doing a conversion atm will tell you not to bother mating the looms. Some of the plugs in the interior dont match between the two.

Id just strip the shell you got down to nothing and go from there.

In that case then use all the 98 spec stuff, anyone doing a conversion atm will tell you not to bother mating the looms. Some of the plugs in the interior dont match between the two.

THIS^^^^

now pm me details patches :p

def agree use all the wiring from the 98 its quite methodically well layed out to be fair

That might work out easier because i've been wondering what i should do with the alarm i have fitted? Its a clifford which i was considering taking back to the guys who fitted it and ask if they could remove it and put it in the other shell. I'm not that confident with wiring so this will be fun lol

THIS^^^^

now pm me details patches :p

LOL hold your horses i've not even got the shell yet :p pm coming your soon buddy

That might work out easier because i've been wondering what i should do with the alarm i have fitted? Its a clifford which i was considering taking back to the guys who fitted it and ask if they could remove it and put it in the other shell. I'm not that confident with wiring so this will be fun lol

LOL hold your horses i've not even got the shell yet :p pm coming your soon buddy

if i have to roll it back to yours flintstone style, its hapnin lol

oh and il help u with your wirin mate

oh and il help u with your wirin mate

Haha nice one man cheers! im just waiting to get confirmation i can get it picked up tomorrow around dinner time then i'll be getting to work!

Just disconnect the wiring looms from each other and swap out both dasboards with the wiring attached. Saves any fucking about

So i should be able to unplug all the wiring going to the dash and remove the dash + its wiring as one piece? then can keep the wiring in the engine, for the rear lights etc?? or will i need to swap over every bit of wiring over in sections?

I was thinking of a conversion when I typed that sorry mate lol I'd just leave the wiring as is and dump the engine in the wiring wont be an issue as long as everything's there

hahaha! aye its a 96 glanza shell with all the wiring and dash in place which im putting an engine etc from my 98 glanza into. I was thinking that it should just be a case of dropping the engine in.