It's time for a new driving experience and Im certain on moving to an MR2 rev 3+ Turbo. Are there any members on here that have had past experience in / owned an MR2 and did you find them satisfying cars to drive?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh im sure they handle well if you try to understand how to drive one and not foolishly push it in the bends. Got to have the T bar in my opinion :p and I just love the driving setup and position. Have never experienced what the turbo being behind your head is like but must be awesome.

Also cheers for the link was a good read!

Edited by WilkieGT

The sound is awesome and being pushed rather than pulled by the engine is a different driving experience. I used to have a rev 2 turbo running about 240 bhp. Was a nice car to drive but like wilkieGT said people's biggest problem is the handling can catch you out. It's not a drift car, even though some people will claim to drift them, they are not set up for it at all. Good car though so get one is my advice :)

Don't get me started on mr2 turbos I can see me getting one very very soon. Have my eye on one and keep contacting the guy to go and view it. Just a little worried about killing myself in it.

Don't get me started on mr2 turbos I can see me getting one very very soon. Have my eye on one and keep contacting the guy to go and view it. Just a little worried about killing myself in it.

Pssssh get on it lad u would love I've been having a gander at em on piston heads to see what's on offer

I used to have a rev2 turbo running about 250bhp. Very fast for what they are and handle amazingly.

Traction is just stunning with the engine over the rear wheels.

As for the horror stories of them being ditch finders ignore everything.

Unless your a bellend who has no experience of rwd and you put your foot flat to the floor on a wet roundabout then you will never swap ends.

They tend to understeer more than oversteer (in the wet) as standard.

Although as said above i used to drift mine pretty well, but that was after i already knew how. Defo wouldnt learn in one lol

I would have another for sure.

Edited by AdDaMan

I have a vision of me, out on a spirited drive one summers evening, roof gone with the sound of a spooling turbo between my ears. Its a good vision.

From the feedback so far its just convincing me more, It sounds like a whole new driving experience and that's exactly what im after.

Edited by WilkieGT

I only had both for a couple of days... Now the GT is in pieces waiting for people to buy up parts.

Was actually looking at FD RX7's but ended up buying this from a friend for peanuts instead. And now I've got my full bike license I can't see the mr2 getting much use this summer!

Yeah mr2 turbos are awsome!! My mate had a 400bhp thing that he built!! Was incredible and he and his dad have a black 600bhp hillclimber they use too!! Would defo have a look at an rx7 too though dude as they're fantastic cars!!!! That twin turbo! But a little more expensive for a good'un!

Tom.

I only had both for a couple of days... Now the GT is in pieces waiting for people to buy up parts.

Was actually looking at FD RX7's but ended up buying this from a friend for peanuts instead. And now I've got my full bike license I can't see the mr2 getting much use this summer!

What spec is your black mr2 mate ?

Sometimes I contemplate going TD04 with my starlet but think an MR2 would be so much more fun in summer (I know what summer but still) months. How are they in winter actually? My brain tells me they must be pants..but surely with some good winter tyres they could be usable?

As for Rx7's if I was going to be spending that kind of money on running and maintaining a car it would be a Supra. That will be where Im going after the MR2 hopefully its my dream car, once I have a supra it will stay with me for life.

Edited by WilkieGT

tell me about it its around 340-350bhp he's a maniac he keeps saying ill take you out soon i keep putting it off haha ;) i should bite the bullet and let him take me for a spin , he definatley has got some bottle lol