Rays/volk te37s

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are going on a gt so ideally I don't want to do arch work. I'll run abit of stretch but not major and that's the 1 thing I haven't really checked yet is what et would have a nice poke I'm not that fussed about low but they gotta fit right :p like the 13s on browners rwd ep82 but on 15s

Edited by Kyle_R

With 300bhp you'll want 195's, so for stretch get an 8J.

7J ET20-25 will sit nicely, but I'd say get an arch roll and 45 profiles

I have 7J ET13 and they will fit with an arch roll and 45 profiles (this is on a GT)

I was thinking about a 7j front 8j rear staggered and as said I'm not going that low on it just enough to make it sit sweet.my daily is slammed for the looks its all good but annoying at times when you hit a bump and think was that the sump this time :/ and this is my fun car. That's her purpose to make me smile :) And on d2s set to hard lol

So make sure I'm right fronts 15" 7j et20 and rears 15" 8j et10? would a 195 40 15 front and a 205 40 15 be a ok fit. (I'm out of my comfort zone here) as my knowledge of wheel fitments are simple. Uh 4x100 PCD of wheel bigger than car that's cool get the spigot rings. offsets and widths are a case of just try it and see pmsl but if I'm gunna spend a small fortune in wheels I want them to be right!

If the et is 0 does that mean a 10mm spacer would make it et10? May be a dumb ass question but as said wheel fitment ain't the sort of things I know much about

Yeah that's right

I would never go less than ET10, below that you'll probably get arch rubbing even after a roll. ET10 would be about the limit all round but you will definitely need to roll arches. ET20 and up it'll probably be arch friendly with a roll and 45 tyres (some people with this offset in 7J run 195/50 but I'd get 195/45 so there's very little chance of scrubbing the arches).

For 7J run 195/45 (If you want stretch, run a thinner tyre but you want grip too; so that's why I'd get 8J all round with a 195/45. It'd look weird having 7J up front unstretched and 8J stretched at the back, even if they're both low offset)

For 8J run 195/45 too, for subtle stretch. It's likely a 205 will give you problems and most people with 8J run 195/45 regardless of whether its 15/16"

I want the grid v's tho really just because I like dished wheels and they have the dish! Lol well ill be on the phone speaking to a supplier and see what sizes they can get and go from there

But then there's the whole debate about 15s and 16s. That 16s ruin the handling etc cause clearance issue and so on. anyone running 8j 16s on a gt? As said of I'm spending a lot on wheels they need to be just right

If the et is 0 does that mean a 10mm spacer would make it et10? May be a dumb ass question but as said wheel fitment ain't the sort of things I know much about

I thought that adding spacers decreased the et? Therefore if you added a 10mm spacer to et0 you'd end up with an et-10 wheel? Poke city!

I believe that is correct Phil I thought to myself afterwords that I was wrong on the way I said about the et with a spacer. I'm gunna go for et20 if I can get them in 8j if not ill have to get the 8j 16s

I thought that adding spacers decreased the et? Therefore if you added a 10mm spacer to et0 you'd end up with an et-10 wheel? Poke city!

I must have misread, 'twas late haha. Yeah spacers decrease it

Edited by Amjad

Also, a few people have Grid Drifts on GTs like I said earlier they are 16x8 ET10 and they use 195/45 and rolled arches. But the car will drive better on 15s

Have a play on willtheyfit.com to work out clearance issues

That site is well cool :p it's on 16s atm well 16s rear and 15s front as there legal tyres for the mot. And looking at it I like the way the 16s fit the arches. But in what way does the extra 1" of wheel make the difference in drivability? In my link it was on 16" gt3s but I've grown fonder of the grid drifts in neo chrome. Is there any pics on here of gts on 16s

Edited by Kyle_R
  • 2 weeks later...

pissed of is a understatement ....

They are 6.5j with parada spec 2s with loads of tread. I really like the wheels but I don't wanna get mugged off with the price

mugged off??? lol

they are not rota's and I ain't a conman.......these wheels are rare in ET35/15'' with very good prada spec 2's ....

try to find them in Japan for less or in as good condition (original)

Cheers chaps ill probs leave them then tbh as there not worth what he's asking for them. So I got a factory green mk2 gt (yh the rare colour) what wheels would you lot go for. I would go 13s but it would be compomotive fives. Or 15s but there's so many wheels out there I like and want it to stand out and show its had money spent. As it will eventually be fully forged and about 300bhp but staying as a road car

if they are not worth it why waste my time ???

FYI an average set goes for £650-750... the ones I have are above average!!

a set of battered or painted ones probably 400-500 (have a look on civiclife forum)

faisal