Potential Voting on Excess Club Membership Cash

This may sound a little, out there. But what if after a set year (Say Jan to Jan) any excess money from club membership payments (once server costs are covered etc) would it be worthwhile holding a poll for the paid members to decide on where the excess cash goes/gets put into a pot and saved for an event the following year?

I no the money raised may be minimal after costs have been deducted etc. But say theres £30 left in the kitty afterwards, could members vote towards having say a BBQ at the next show/£30 worth of beer to yoink for paid members at an event?

Just a suggestion I'm throwing out there! Sorry if it steps on anyones toes!

Could be a good suggestion, although I think all extra funds go towards increasing show presence in the form of banners/genny/lighting etc

That was my initial thought, so members could vote on wether they would prefer lighting or banners on the stand etc.

Throw the ideas to the masses and create a democracy on UKSO ;)

This is definitely good thinking but it's hard to say how much will be left at the end of the year. The club recently bought 3 new banners and 4 flags the flags which were at japfest unfortunately the banners weren't finished in time. But these cost the best part of £1000 the next major thing we will be looking at is club liability insurance to cover the admins and members behinds for when were at shows.

In top of that if the club continues to grow at the rate it is now it won't be long before we need to look at hosting the site on a larger server.

One thing we have looked at in previous years was to have a club BBQ at jae which the club pays for but we are yet to find away to go about this and make it practical.

Good thinking though definitely something for the future though when we have surplus funds.

Rob

Some banners for the Northern Irish crowd, get some rep at the shows over here!

I used to have one which I then gave to Rob.

Problem is, NI members dont attend shows as a club. never have. and the proof of this is that at yesterday's Ballymena Autofest which is arguably the largest show over here and had a MONSTER turn out yesterday, there were TWO starlets, only one of which is a UKSO car (Crooks). The other was an EP70, and there wasnt a single other EP in sight.

however, should this look set to change if someone wants to take on the task of harrassing the shit out of our NI members to get stands orgainsed for shows over here, then i totally agree that we could look at a banner for NI shows. that'd be uber! the hard part is getting folk to attend, but if we have someone leading the charge (not me), maybe that could change, which would be uber as there are TONNES of EPs here!

Phil.

That's understandable, I haven't made it to any shows my self this year, simply as the car is show worthy yet.

I know this isn't something that is going to change over night, but could this be looked into for 2014/2015?

The last Starlet meet was back in May, and there was a good turn out 10+ cars. I know this is nothing compared to shows and meets over in the mainland. There is another one coming up soon at Kirkistown, which Jay over on TGTT is organising, hopefully with the same sort of turn out.

I would be happy to organise shows over here, if interest is there. As you have said previously, there is no point in organising a stand if only one car turns up. Could a poll be created to see if people would attend and what shows? Or would people prefer to attend with other clubs such as Japdreamz, showerks. I know Dee quite well from Japdreamz and I'm sure he would be happy to have all the EP's together on his stand.

the difficulty i always found over here is that folk tend to lurk in the shadows, read the odd forum post, and never come to meets etc. i mean, the number of EPs that show up to Jay's that are even new to him is mad. for some reason meets / shows here just aren't massively attended by the local EP owners. even our biggest meets in the past have never drawn a fraction of the EPs that reside over here.

by all means dude we can get a poll going yeah.

if i ever get mine back on the road i imagine it'd be Japdreamz i'd be with at shows at the mo, really sound bunch of lads.

Phil.

I use to do the same, have a snoop around, but not really post up much.

There seems to be a lot more N.I. members active on TGTT when it comes to meets, as evidenced in the Irish Quarter.

I know of a few modified EP's, but none of the owners are posting on forums or seem interested in going to meets and shows.