Oil feed help for new starlet owner?

Hi ive just bought a starlet ep82 quadlight and after driving 200 miles home sprung a tiny leak from around the oil feed/return area on the standard ct9 turbo.

Does anyone know what i should check and what i need to do to fix the problem?

On a tight budget due to having every penny in the car to begin with lol.

Found this on ebay and he says he can make the feed lines aswell and provide new banjo bolt kit for the engine side. Is it any good? And will it fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110763276589?redirect=mobile

Thanks.

Edited by Sandham

Do the kits from racetech and zisco include everything needed? Really struggling to afford stuff atm till i sell my other car. And i will upload a few once i get the forum worked out

Do the kits from racetech and zisco include everything needed? Really struggling to afford stuff atm till i sell my other car. And i will upload a few once i get the forum worked out

Is that price including postage?

Heres the car

null-18.jpg

null-17.jpg

null-14.jpg

null-13.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-6.jpg

Rough spec is :

toms kit

Hks ssqv

Forge manual boost controller

Lowered on springs and shocks, yellow shocks?

Fmic

Blitz nur spec

Decat

Aftermarket manifold

Stack boost gauge at about 1bar on standard ct9

Ibiza cupra alloys

Probably more but thats all i can think of.

Ok, and thanks mate :) been trying to get one for so long then this came along. Payed alot more than origionally budgeted but im happy and the car is amazing! Exactly what i expected and more. The sunstrip is staying though as i think it suits

The angle of the turbos altered by the after market manifold thus bearing a strain on the oil feed as it's a fixed fees not a hose, you'll probably not be able to see the leak, only if your under the car or the car with it running you may see it.

Take it off plug the ends with your finger fill it up with water and blow through it really hard, you'll see small drips forming around the flange where the hose goes into.

Go for a braided hose feed, or do what I did and get a bigger turbo kit instead lol

As above those lots are good or get a stock replacement which are good.

Make sure you get the oil return rubber bend too. No doubt it will crack when you take it off like mine did!!

Get a braided feed and not an oem replacement, the oem ones arent much cheaper than the braided one iirc, and after time you will just have the same problem.

As someone mentioned, your aftermarket manifold alters the position of the turbo slightly which puts strain on the feed which causes it to crack.

You probably wont see the crack very easily cause it will be small, but oil will escape, and quickly! So carefull and not run dry :thumbsup:

Yeah, mine was totally invisible, I was scratching my head blowing smoke through it etc etc but water shew it up after a lot of effort lol.

Race tech for your oil feed, wouldn't go oem as its likely to happen again and if you don't see it in time it'll cost you an engine!